Chapter 12

The temperature was rising, Ghoultar used his scythe to close the opening that could lead us out and disappeared.

"There's no way out, if this was a test, I think we certainly failed it," Kai said.

Jay coughed "and all this gas is making me a little lightheaded."

I looked down, we were going to get cooked for sure if we stayed here.

Zane spoke "Pixal has located an opening, the cave-in must have created a gap."

"Oh, but a gap to where?" Jay started his usual panicking "for all we know it could be a dead end and for the record, that's another one of my least favorite words, 'dead end'!"

I smacked him on the head with my fist "could you shut up for a moment and let us think?!"

"Too late," Cole said and grabbed a boulder and blocked the geyser.

"Cole no!" Zane yelled.

Cole said "problem solved."

"Correction, you made it worse, now the pressure will compact the explosion," Zane quickly explained.

Lloyd and Jay asked "what are you trying to say?"

Zane replied "when the rock goes, every cave in a 10-miles radius will be filled with a wall of fire so hot, it will inci-"

I cut him off by yelling "why didn't you just freeze it then?! You guys have your powers back but I think you lost your minds in return!"

They all stared at me, "oh, that would've helped," Zane said.

We counted to three and airjitsu-ed our way out of the gap.

"Go go go !"

"Hurry!"

We hop into the mine cart except for Jay who was catching up and I use my wind powers to move the cart faster.

"Great, now, how do we start this thing?" Jay asked while still trying to catch up with us and everyone looked at me.

I shrugged my shoulders, "seriously Y/n ?" Lloyd asked.

I looked at Jay, "almost got you! Y/n help me pull him!" I went to help Kai.

Jay looked behind him so we did, Ghoultar was after us, Jay threw a strange weapon on him which made him disappear "I caught it guys! I caught it!"

"What's this thing?" I asked looking at the weapon.

Cole spoke before anyone could answer "it looks like we're coming to a dead end!"

Jay started again "There's that word again! Don't say that word!-"

"Jay shut the hell up or I'm going to kill you right now!" I shouted.

Zane got an idea "we could use the Aeroblades as brakes!"

"Aero- what?"

"No time to explain, Y/n!" Kai said.

They used the Aeroblades but we were going faster than before, we let out a scream then spotted R.E.X. unraveling a ladder.

"Haha! I could kiss Ronin!" I gave Cole a look and he added "After I clobber him for getting us into this mess."

"Let's go in," Lloyd said and we climbed in but Ronin wasn't there.

"Autopilot! Of course he's too scared to show his face!" Jay said with an annoyed tone in his voice.

We saw the screen turn on so we got closer, it was Ronin.

"Hey ninja, if you're getting this message, I'm sure you have some choice words for me."

Cole chuckled "haha! You've got that right!"

Ronin continued "but I want to tell you that it wasn't me who sent you to this trap. I was under the control of Morro."

"I have to admit, Morro deserves an Oscar," I said.

Ronin added "I know you think I'm a crook by taking the sword and armour, and I want to make things right by offering my airship, R.E.X. as a peace offering."

He added "I know it's not what you had in mind but I've remotely entered the location of the tomb, the real one this time."

He disappeared and a map appeared on the screen, "that's the Endless Sea!" Zane exclaimed.

Kai spoke "look at that! The reason Misako never found the tomb in Ninjago was because it was never there in the first place, it's under the ocean!"

I looked at Cole who had a frown, poor Cole.

Roni appeared again "Morro is already heading there, but R.E.X. should get you straight there in a jiff, this will probably be the last time you see me. If Nya wants to know a reason, tell her it's because I care."

He added for the last time "and Y/n, be careful, Morro is trying to get you."

What?

"I don't know why, but I have a feeling that he has something to hide, good luck ninja," the message cut off.

"What? Why me?" I asked.

Jay replied "I don't know, you're the one who's been friends with him, not us."

I thought a bit then looked at the window, we were heading to the ocean.

<<<<< - .. -- .  ... -.- .. .--. >>>>>

Morro's POV

"You WHAT?!" I yelled at Ghoultar "I said that I don't want her to die! And you go there and trap them all with some lava or something?!"

"Calm down, Morro."

"Shut up," I didn't look around to reply, even though, she continued.

"Why do you even care? You said you hated the ninjas, why do care about her from all of them?" god I want her to shut up.

I turned to look at her "she was my friend, it's different."

"Well you didn't care about this 'friend' of yours when you joined us."

"I didn't want to join you! You got me into so much trouble! I lost everything because of you! I even died! Are you satisfied now?"

"No, not until you summon the Preeminent. You're so bipolar, you know that, kid? One second you want to destroy everyone and the other you just look like you can't even hurt a fly."

She added "Remember our agreement." I'll never be freed from that stupid agreement, right?

"Okay! I get it! Just leave and let me think!" I yelled while looking away, she went out of the place with a satisfied smirk.

I wish I could go back in time.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Word Count : 1011.
Yo, I know I'm late but the story was on hold because I had other things to plan, but I couldn't leave the story for a long time because I was afraid that I would eventually abandon it.. And I promised myself not to abandon any story......... By the way the story is still on hold, I just wanted to update.
Anyways, who do you think is the girl/woman who spoke to Morro at the end of the chapter?
Thanks for reading, bye! 👋