Uncomfortable Conversations

Amber's pov:

"Honey the bus-..."

"I'm coming Dad!!!" I run down the stairs, kissing his cheek quickly before heading to the bus stop right as the bus is pulling up.

Well that was a close call.

I don't usually sleep in through my alarms, but today has been some weird exception.

"Good morning." I say to the bus driver before making my way to my usual seat in the middle.

Thank goodness our bus isn't one that gets too over crowded with students, so I always have a seat to myself.

Leaning my head on the window, even though it must be super gross since I don't know who else touched this window or when it was last cleaned, I always do it anyways.

I try not to make a habit of falling asleep on the bus ride to school since I always worry about not waking up when we get there and accidentally being left on the bus, or being startled awake and looking like the Grinch walking into school.

But again, not like other days, today I start to feel myself dozing off, letting myself be welcomed into a not so peaceful slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just to make things clear, it was the second outcome, I definitely looked like the grinch walking off that bus.

And to top it all off, it's Monday, no need for a further explanation on that.

"Amber~..." I hear my voice being sung by a familiar voice.

To no surprise, I look behind me to see Liam making his way towards me.

"Liam, nice to see you." I give him a small grin before opening my locker to empty out my backpack and grab all the things that I will need for my next couple of classes.

Everyone at our school usually carries there backpacks around all day, but I like to fill my backpack with books for the first half of the day and then empty it out and fill it with the second half.

It has really saved my back since then.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." He says, resting his head against the locker next to mine.

"It was only Friday since I last saw you."

"Yeah, before you fell asleep on DAMIEN'S SHOULDER-..."

"LIAM!!" I slap my hand over his mouth quickly, feeling the heat rise in my cheeks as I realize his loud voice got us a few curious stares in the hall way.

"Shhhhh you can't say things like that so loudly." I uncover his mouth slowly after receiving a small head nod.

"I'm just stating the facts! I never expected you to play the sleeping beauty card, but damn sis you got me acting like a proud mother over here." He pretends to wipe a fake tear.

"I-I didn't mean to fall asleep on him..."

"Hmmm sure."

"Really!!!"

"Now tell me," he pushes himself off of the locker and pokes my forehead, "did he smell as good as you pictured in your dreams?"

"Liam!!!" I whine, pushing him away as he doubles over in a fit of laughter.

"What?! It was your dream journal that said it! You really need to hide that in a better place next time."

"YOU READ MY," I look around before lowering my voice, "you read my dream journal?!!" I whisper harshly.