Chapter 26

Remi POV

An hour after John and I concluded our fight, I was on my way back to my dorm for the night, exhausted from the training. It took a while, but I was now able to create a lightning wall. It wasn't anywhere near as powerful or long lasting as John's, but at least I could create one. When I was about to leave, Luke walked up to me and said that my aura was a little bit more powerful than it was earlier.

I'm so glad I have friends like them. Always offering to help out. I think to myself happily as I walk back.

When I do get back to campus, I run into Blyke, who was shooting beams at trees. Seeing a chance, I sneak up behind him, until I'm less than two feet away. "Whatcha doing?" I ask, causing him to jump in the air terrified. "Afabejqyszjh!! Remi!!??! Wha-what are you doing here?" He exclaims. "I could ask you the same thing." I respond playfully. "Alright. I was just training a little bit. I'm trying to generate more beams at a time. Just having one on each hand to work with isn't going to cut it anymore." He confesses. "Why would you think that?" I ask.

"Because I used to be the jack. People as powerful as John and Luke have been here the entire time I was jack. I'm just… weak." He says. "Strength isn't everything. But, if that's really how you feel, why not tag along with me after detention tomorrow?" I suggest. "And why would I do that?" He asks skeptically. "Because John and Luke have agreed to help me get stronger, and I'm sure that they'll help you too. Just be prepared to be physically drained." I say as we part ways, returning to our respective dormitories.

Luke POV

"Are you sure training her is a good idea?" John asks. "It may encourage her to go out again." He warns. "She's going to go back out anyways, so might as well prepare her a bit more." I explain. "I've no choice but to trust you. On a different note, how are we going to change the hierarchy?" He asks. "No matter what we do, people are bound to be upset." He says, ever one for caution. "I've had a few ideas, but there's one in particular that I like." I say. "And what is this idea?" He prompts.

"We form a council, made up of two representatives from each tier." I continue. "But wouldn't the low-tier representatives be pressured by the others?" He asks. "Of course not. I've thought this through. We convince Vaughn to put a policy in place that punishes anyone seen threatening or attacking the representatives. Also, the representatives would be voted on by their respective tier. The candidates for the low-tier spot, for example, would be voted for only by low-tiers. The same would apply for the mid- elite- and high-tiers." I explain.

"This could work. Let's ask Remi, Blyke, Isen and Sera their opinions on it." John says. "Agreed. But before that, let's get some rest." I respond, heading upstairs to my room. Just let this work. I think to myself, drifting off to sleep.