vi. gone girl

chapter 6 - gone girl

➳ ➳

"It's Dakota..." Octavia whispered, still in a state of disbelief.

The sound of her name caught Lincoln's attention, and he was finally hit with realization. The Reaper girl that was beginning to stand up in front of him wearing a snarl, was indeed a replica of his baby sister.

He used the word "replica" because he knew for a fact that this girl wasn't who Dakota was. As he shook his head in denial, while allowing his eyes to fully grasp the situation, he immediately started praying that they could find a way to bring her back from whatever foreign state her mind was currently in. As the Reaper girl stood up and faced the trio, her snarl only grew deeper as she set her golden eyes on them.

"Dakota!" The brunette tried calling to her. "Dakota, it's me! It's Octavia!"

Sadly, the brunette's attempts to get Dakota to acknowledge her failed, because the Reaper had no sense of recognition whatsoever.

"That's not Dakota," Lincoln stated warily, trying to get Octavia to understand.

The last thing he wanted was for her viewpoint of his sister to change. He feared that if Octavia kept the mindset of thinking that Dakota was aware of what she was or what she had become, then she wouldn't ever look at her the same. Similar to how Clarke now viewed Finn after his most recent actions. Even though that was a whole different circumstance entirely.

Within an instant, the Reaper girl was charging at them at full speed, causing Bellamy to raise his gun on instinct.

"No, don't kill her!" Octavia cried, jumping in front of the gun defensively.

Just as she did so, the Reaper came bounding over and quickly grabbed ahold of the brunette, roughly tossing her onto the hood of a nearby car.

"Octavia!!" Bellamy yelled, causing the Reaper girl to whip her head around and charge at him next.

Lincoln ran over to grab her before she could reach Bellamy, but she was too quick to dodge him. Dakota's reflexes were already profound, but the red drug managed to heighten both her skills and senses tremendously.

She ducked when Lincoln came near her before she suddenly kicked up her legs and jumped on top of his back, bringing her arms around his neck in an attempt to cut off his airway. Lincoln gasped loudly in her chokehold, as he tried to pry her hands off of him. However, the Reaper's face showed no mercy as her grip tightened on him, and soon enough, he began to stumble.