- 1 4 0 - SHOWER

GEORGE FOUND LORELEI DIGGING IN THE DIRT NEXT TO AMATHEIA'S GRAVE WITH HER BARE HANDS

GEORGE FOUND LORELEI DIGGING IN THE DIRT NEXT TO AMATHEIA'S GRAVE WITH HER BARE HANDS. She had tears in her eyes while Brizo sat on the ground in front of Amatheia's grave. George sat down next to Lorelei placing his hands gently on hers. She glanced at him fearfully, but he only pushed her hands away from the small hole she had dug.

He began digging with his own hands instead.

Once the hole was deep enough, he picked up Brizo, placing him gently inside with a smile. Covering him back up, George took out his wand to create a small tombstone and write the words Brizo: A loveable crab; a loveable friend. Lorelei choked a bit on her sob, moving to clutch onto George's arm.

Lorelei knew George was tired of her, she could just feel it. She had so many doubts in her mind that sometimes the doubts won. George frowned at her sobbing body, sitting back to allow her to sit properly on his lap.

He brushed a few strands of hair out of her eyes and placed a few gentle kisses on her face. He mumbled, "I love you. I want to be with you. You're not a burden. You make me so happy" over and over again just because he knew exactly what she was thinking.

He glanced around as they sat there, knowing they couldn't stay long. They were out in the open, easy pickings if another Death Eater were to find them. He ran a hand through her hair lovingly, still whispering sweet nothings to try and calm her down.

"Lorelei, we have to go home," he said with a strained voice. "Come on, my love."

She nodded, wiped her eyes, and hiccupped a few times before standing up. George held her hand tightly, smiling at her before going back to the flat. George noticed the clean bedroom, mentally thanking one of the adults who were here a while ago. He held her hand as tight as ever as he directed her into the bathroom. Her hands and knees were filthy from the angry digging, and she had dried blood on her nose from the effects of whatever curse Voldemort used on her.

He began the shower, putting it at a hot temperature but not too hot, for he knew how Lorelei liked it. Leaving her for a moment, he went into the bedroom to grab her undergarments and one of his sweaters. He grabbed his own clothes as well. When he made it back into the bathroom, he saw her already undressing. She glanced at him in the mirror once her shirt was off, showing off a large bruise on her side. George frowned at this.

"Shower with me?" Lorelei asked shyly. She frowned, shaking her head as if to rid the thought. "Nevermind. You need to go back to the shop. I can take care of myself. Don't worry--" George covered her mouth with his hand.

"I'm showering with you. I'll go back down to help Fred clean up, don't worry. We close soon anyway."

Nodding, Lorelei watched as George undressed after locking the bathroom door. She finished undressing once he was in the shower, steam rising from behind the curtain. She found her footing as she slipped into the shower, glad to finally be clean after everything that happened that day.

George put a bit of shampoo on his right palm before motioning with his left hand for her to turn around. When she did, she felt him begin to wash her hair. Closing her eyes, she relished in the feeling for a moment before a flash of green and dead bodies flashed behind her eyelids. Lorelei shivered slightly at the memories that plagued her mind.

After he finished washing her hair, George washed Lorelei. Lorelei flushed, not ever having someone care for her the way he did. She could see the mischievous smirk on his lips when he would trace the washcloth slowly up and down her stomach. Whacking his stomach lightly, she was about to reprimand him when some soap splashed onto his face leaving a foam beard.

Lorelei giggled at the sight, moving the soap to actually cover his chin. He only gave her a deadpanned look, grinning after a moment when a smile lit up on her face.

After Lorelei had reciprocated and washed George's hair and body, they got out of the shower. Lorelei shivered more because of the cold air on her body. George quickly wrapped a towel around her.

George watched as Lorelei dried herself, loving every moment that he watched her because he found something new that he loved every moment. Adoration and awe were in his eyes as he lingered his gaze on her. Realizing he needed to dress, he shook his head and did so quickly.

Lorelei left the bathroom, taking all of the dirty clothes to put in their hamper. Kissing George on the cheek, she told him to go finish up at the shop. She promised she wouldn't leave the flat. He hesitated, as she knew he would do, but she needed to keep moving forward. He frowned but obeyed the mermaid once her eyes darkened enough.

Once he was gone, Lorelei was about to find something to cook (she would try even if she knew it wouldn't end very well), but pecking was heard on the window. Lorelei bit her lip thinking of the pros and cons of opening the window, but when she saw the snowy white owl, she smiled slightly. Hedwig held a letter for her. Letting the owl in the flat, she shut the window tightly.

Lorelei gave Hedwig food while she opened the letter from Harry. He was frantic, wanting to know what the hell happened. He was in Diagon Alley, and he, as he always did, was blaming himself for not being there for her. He felt his scar hurting, but he thought nothing of it when really, Voldemort was right there.

Lorelei wrote a letter back explaining what happened and that she was fine. She promised it was not anyone's fault what happened, and she would visit him before he left for Hogwarts. Keeping the letter short, she sent Hedwig on her way again.

Going back into the kitchen, she sighed thinking of what was easy to make.