Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter twenty-five

Ever since Srishti shifted in Sahil's room, weirdly, her cravings increased, her cribbing increased and for Sahil, his headache increased. He never imagined a pregnant woman's mood swings to be this dangerous.

"Mr. Malhotra!" He shut his eyes tight when he heard her yell his name for the nth time. He couldn't even work in peace for ten minutes straight without her demanding or requesting something or the other.

"What do you need?" He asked in a calm tone as she entered the room. He deliberately didn't look her way because whenever he would do so, she would start with her waterworks for God knows what reason.

"I need someone to talk to." She complained more like whined and he nodded engrossed in his laptop.

"You have your best friend. Call her." He suggested and she grit her teeth in annoyance. Firstly, he was ignoring a pregnant woman and now saying such nonsense things.

"Mr. Malhotra she isn't free to sit and chit-chat with me. She has a job." Her tone was snappy and it made him sigh. She was in her seventh month of pregnancy and according to the doctor, she should be given utmost care and love. Giving her stress or behaving rude would cost her complications and so Sahil had been this patient with her until now.

He had a high level tolerance but not every time he would accept anyone talking to him like she did just now.

"Srishti, if you know she has a job and I have a company to run then why are you telling me about your problem? You know Mrs. Khanna cannot come because of her husband's health issues so now don't make a fuss about everything." His voice was stern but not that harsh and even though she was used to him being this aloof, tears still gathered in her eyes because of the hormones.

She sniffed and wiped her tears turning around to leave when he stopped her.

"Where are you going?" He asked and she halted in her tracks but didn't turn back. She was still sniffing and wiping her tears which caused him to sigh.

"Don't talk to me." She declared and left the room leaving him with his work. Sahil could feel the frustration rise in him and it would be the first time he felt like pulling his hair.

"Srishti," He followed behind and found her in her room sitting by the window. She didn't look at him and kept staring outside the window with a grumpy face.

"Okay listen, I'll ask Aditya to give Zevah a few days off. Then you can chat with her all day long." He suggested and she shot him a glare.

"I don't want people to work according to my demands when they have their own life  Mr. Malhotra." She snapped and he just gaped at her. What the hell did this woman exactly want?

"Just drop me at my orphanage for a few days. I'll be alright there." She demanded and his answer was immediate, "No," his voice stern.

"Why the hell not?" She argued and gave her a sharp look but that didn't scare her.

"I won't be able to reach you there immediately if you need something. Also there's no one over there who could take care of you in this state." He pointed out and she scoffed.

"Like you take care of me." She mumbled under her breath but unfortunately he heard it.

"So I don't?" His tone was harsh and she flinched but didn't cower back instead glared at him.