Epilogue

Zuria

Standing at the bar with a smile plastered on my face, I tried my hardest not to burst into tears. The club seemed to be more packed tonight than usual and all I wanted to do was go home.

"Cheer up, babes." Retta said to me.

"I know you're upset about Mitch but don't let none of these girls in this club see you sweat. They're just waiting for an opportunity."

"You're going to be okay." She said to me and as soon as she did, I broke down crying.

"Oh no." She poked her lip out, quickly grabbing a tissue and pulling me toward the back.

Sobbing at this point, she tried to wipe my tears as she looked into my eyes.

"How can he just leave? We were doing so good and I'm pregnant, Retta." I expressed to her.

"I don't know boo but what I do know is you don't deserve this." She dabbed my face with the tissue.

Thinking deeply, I tried to understand why he would do this to me. On our anniversary at that. I'd never told him he couldn't come home and I'd never told him that we were over.

I just wanted him to care but obviously he doesn't.

"Is he here?" I asked and she simply shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm not sure. I didn't see him."

"But friend don't cry." She said to me as I slowly shook my head, looking for my phone.

Quickly finding it, I began to call Mitch again, over and over like before, just needing him to answer my calls at this point. We couldn't just break up like this. On our 11th year anniversary at that.

I needed answers. I needed to know why.

Mitch

"Yo, she gon' fuckin' kill me." I couldn't help but to laugh as I sat in my truck and my phone kept going off from Z to my mama then back to her mama.

"Aw shit." I shook my head, putting my phone on DND.

I knew I might've just took this shit too far, considering she snitched on me to my mama but it needed to happened.

I didn't plan on letting it go on for too long though, I ain't want her stressing too much while holding my baby. I just had to scare her little ass for a minute since she wanted to play and not let me come home for 3 weeks.

Though I knew why she did it, I still had to get some type of revenge on her.

Chuckling to myself, I parked before I hopped out, making my way into the club through the back entrance.

When I did, I walked passed security and they swiftly let me know one of my guest was waiting on me in my office.

"Thanks." Was all I said, making my way up the back stairwell.

When I finally made it to the top floor, I quickly walked into my office and saw the an I needed to see.

"Yo, Dr. Soapy. What's good?" I dabbed him up as I walked into my office and he smiled wide.

"Take a seat anywhere, man." I told him, taking a seat behind my desk.

"So you're ready to propose tonight?" He smiled and I nodded slowly.

"Yeah.." I trailed off.

"In front of everyone?" He asked skeptically, instantly making me laugh.

"Nah. I can't lie, man. I'm nervous." I admitted as he watched me closely.

"Why's that?"

"Because she said no to me before." I shrugged.