Hoseok

"Are you hurting? You look like you're in pain over there."
    Mark's voice is quiet in the mostly silent room. His medically trained eyes cutting through my possible bullshit.   
     I nod slightly. "I've been hurting since last night. It's not that bad. Just a constant throbbing in my groin and stomach." Grimacing as another wave of pain escalates. "It's really fine. I can handle it."  
      He frowns. "I want to check you out. Come on." He stands and helps me up. "Jackson's medical room is still prepped. I want to ultrasound you and make everything's okay."
     I can hear how much pain it causes him to mention his mate's name but he hides it well. Together, we slowly move to the once familiar room. The very room we were all first brought into when we were captured here. Before being mated and such.   
     The memories bring me pause as he sanitizes and gloves up. He pulls the ultrasound gear around and helps me onto the cot.   
     I glance at the two guards that followed us inside. They avert their eyes and turn their backs to save my dignity as Mark helps me remove my clothes and covers me with a white blanket.  
     "Do I need to undress for this?" Self conscious.     
      "Mhm? Ah, yeah, I'm going to check you internally as well. Just to make sure things are going normally. I'll be quick—promise."
      He gels up my stomach before placing the icy cold metal to my skin and switches on the machine. I choose to watch his face instead of the screen.
     He keeps a poker face as he presses down quite hard on my belly, his eyes only frowning a bit. "Hm."
     "Hm? What does that mean exactly?" Slightly more worried.       
      Shaking his head, he removes the panel and rubs gel all over his fingers. I blush as I realize what he's about to do. 
     Hesitantly, I spread my legs as he slides between them and an immense pressure is slowly thrust inside me. I wince. It's uncomfortable but I don't know why. Namjoon has no problem entering me and he's much bigger than Mark's fingers. Why does it hurt so fucking much?!
      He hums again applies even more pressure making me cry out and jerk.
     I feel a bursting inside me and nearly scream.
     He pulls his fingers away and stares at me with wide eyes. "I thought so."
     "What? What the fuck just happened?!"
     Licking his lips, he smiles a wary smile. "You're in labor, Hoseok. You were much farther along than anyone could have thought. You must have gotten pregnant months ago. You're ready to deliver. That was your water bursting."
     I pale and choke as waves of agony overwhelms me. "It h-hurts!"   
     He snaps his head over to the guards who look rather panicked as they run around to get the supplies Mark demands of them. He runs to scrub up while I suffer on the cot. He demands they carry me to my bed for comfort as he prepares to help me deliver my baby.
      I'm sobbing as I'm rushed to my bedroom, hating Namjoon won't know what's happening. I could die and he won't know. I'm scared of leaving him and our baby like that. I need to be strong.
     Jimin, Jin, and Jungkook did this. I can do this, too.
     "H-how?" I strangle the blanket in my hands, almost drawing blood from my palms by my nails as he adjusts my body.
     I'm fucking terrified. "A-aren't you supposed to give me something?"
     Mark looks at me with a regretful expression I don't like one bit. "Too late. Even if I gave you anything it wouldn't have time to kick in. I'm sorry, Hoseok. You're going to have to do this all natural."   
     My mind refuses to process this as the pain increases tenfold, my body twisting and jerking as agony forces tiring screams from my throat.
     He grabs my arm and jabs an IV into my vein without finesse in haste. He crawls to the end of the bed and begins working.
     I'm nearly blacked out with pain. My breath harsh in my ears and the only thing I'm able to focus on. I can feel something distorting my insides as I bite my lip until it bleeds.
     "I t-thought...c...c-section?" My words are barely audible.
     Mark wipes sweat from his brow with his arm. He shakes his head in a jerky motion. "No time. I've never done this before so you'll have to bare with me. Usually we have time to give you the proper meds and do that but...but I've never done this without Jackson. He usually would do it all with my assistance. You body is unable to handle the stress and pressure. The baby is coming out whether we're ready or not. It's safest by c-section but...I'm sorry, I can't."
      I tremble and choke back more sobs as I feel my body arch up and feel my throat go raw from my screams.
     It hurts! It hurts! It hurts!
     I can feel everything. Every little movement. Every forceful tearing pain as the baby rushes towards its exit. I pray it will survive and that I will, too. I know Namjoon would never be able to handle losing either of us. Not like this.
     I reach out and grasp Mark's wrist. He winces as his bones crack but he doesn't pull away. Crying, I tug him. "It's-please. You can't do anything. Please just stay with me, help me relax?"
     Tears fill his eyes as he nods and moves to my side, letting me hold him tightly through the pain. He whispers encouragement into my ears as I attempt to hold back my voice and force my body to accept what's coming. Forcing it to relax and bare it all.  
     I can do this.   
     It's almost over.   
     I can do this.
     It's almost...almost over....   
     It's...its...
     A ripping sound erupts from between my legs and I go numb.
     For a moment, everything is silent.  
     For a moment, everything is still and blissfully pain free.
     Then a loud cry bursts around the room, filling my ears.
     Mark jumps up and grabs the baby, wrapping it in a thick blanket and trying to clean it up a bit before frantically trying to tend to me.  
     I can feel blood soaking my legs and the sheets under me. I can sense the wet sensation and the weak pounding of my heart.
    But I'm not in pain. 
    I'm...I'm...okay. Right? It's over?
    "Hoseok? Hoseok! Look at me!" Mark smacks my cheek a bit before he pushes another needle into my arm. He works around me, crying and breathing hard.   
    "D-don't...worry. I'm...okay. Just slow...down." I whisper out. I'm cold.
     He growls and moves between my legs. I feel a weird sensation down there. Kinda stinging but far away and not very painful. It's distant.
     I vaguely notice a bloody needle and thread in his hand and realize he's stitching me down there...am I bleeding out? 
     I feel fine, really.
     I lick my cracked lips and turn my head tiredly, surprised to see my baby staring back at me bundled up on the pillow beside me.
     A girl.
    She has Namjoon's eyes.
    She's beautiful. So strong. Her tiny little gums and fangs bared as she cries for attention. 
     Right. I can't go to sleep. She needs me. Namjoon needs me. I have to find my strength and make it.  
     I won't...close my eyes. I can make it. I can do this.
    "Mark?"   
     Panting, he looks up from my groin, a bloody towel in his hands. He's shaking and pale. Scared.   
      "Thank you." Whispering, I yawn. "Thank you for being here for me."
      "You're going to be okay. I will make sure of it." He vows.
      Nodding, I pull my daughter into my arms and kiss her head. Exhausted but replenished. Slowly feeling warmth return to my body. "I know you will. We'll get through this together."
     He gulps, nodding after a hesitation.
     Smiling, I squeeze his hand. "Jackson would be proud of you." 
     He pauses, blinking back tears. "Thanks. I really needed to hear that."
     "Anytime."