Chapter 15

Nishinoya Yuu was currently checking himself out in a store window's reflection.

Today, he didn't wear his standard bright T-shirts with their four-character idioms. With the summer heat, he decided to wear something light while still being a bit more stylish than his usual outfits.

He had on a tank top, the top half of it white and the bottom half of it orange. It was paired with a casual, black, open front vest. Since everything was sleeveless, his arms were bare, allowing him to flex in the reflection as he admired his biceps. He nodded in approval to himself with a large smirk, earning a few strange looks from others passing him on the street.

The tank top was loosely tucked into simple, dark gray shorts with a belt looped over the side of his leg on top of his outer thigh. Nishinoya rearranged the single strap of his usual bright red messenger bag that he used for school. He rummaged inside, checking for the nth time today that he hadn't forgotten anything at home.

Notebooks? Check. Pencil case? Check. Supplementary books? Check. Keys? Check. Wallet? Check. Library card? Check.

It seemed like everything he needed was there. Not that the contents of his bag had really changed the past nth times. He looked back up at his reflection, returning to checking himself out and leaning forward for a closer look.

His face was nearly pressed up against the window, his hands carefully fixing the stray strands of hair in its regular swept up style. It was particularly hot today, and he worried that the humidity mixed with his sweat might ruin its perfection. Not that he really had any cause to be concerned though, since he was always sweating with this hairstyle during volleyball practice and it never looked out of place.

It was just that this date was making him extra cautious. Well...it wasn't a date date, but it was kind of like a date! He could even call it a study date! Yeah, that's it! A study date! With his beautiful Hitomi-chan! Well...she wasn't really his...but he could dream! In fact, maybe she really could become his at the end of the day!

Nishinoya pulled out his phone, checking the time. It was a couple of minutes before the designated meetup time. He had been anxiously waiting for the love of his life for the past twenty minutes, continuously checking himself out and checking his bag to distract him.

He wondered how Hitomi would look for today. He'd only seen her in her uniform once, and all the other times were just casual wear. Mostly just over-sized T-shirts and regular pants. He fidgeted in place, growing even more anxious and excited. Would she dress up for today? After all, it wasn't just a simple errand that she was going on. They'd be spending a lot of the day together!

He started fantasizing about it. Today, they were planning on going to the public library so that she could help him with his summer homework. Nishinoya looked up in thought, imagining Hitomi as a teacher.

In his mind, he saw her with a crisp, white dress shirt tucked into a tight, black pencil skirt. Below the skirt, he could see her sheer stockings hugging her long legs, disappearing underneath high heels. This Hitomi was even wearing fake glasses to complete the look, her hair tied up into a bun with a pencil threaded through the middle of it to keep it together. She was holding a ruler in one hand, gently hitting the end of it into the palm of her other hand.

"What a bad student...If you get this question wrong too, I'll have to punish you." She said, emphasizing her last words with a harsher slap of the ruler into her hand. Nishinoya shivered with pleasure, his eyes becoming half-lidded in bliss and his lips turning into a stupid grin.

"You look like a pervert..." Hitomi's beautiful accusatory voice invaded his ears. She didn't even want to know what he was thinking about just now. "...and in broad daylight too." Nishinoya's eyes opened wide, excitedly turning to the voice. She was observing him with clear disgust, but the boy was focused on other things.