Imagine 30 - Without You

AN: Hey y'all so it's been like a year since I last updated...my bad...anyways here's a new lil quick imagine I came up with! Been feeling inspired since I reactivated my svu fanpage which is svufam on instagram so go follow it lol (shameless plug) but yeah! Hopefully I'll be consistent with updating again! :P

You laid in bed next to your boyfriend, Rafael Barba, taking in the morning sunlight and cherishing your last few moments together before he had to leave for a business trip. He was going to be gone for a week and you were dreading it.

"Good morning, cariño." He said sleepily, as he opened his eyes.

"Morning, Rafi."

"What's wrong (Y/N)? You sound sad."

"You're leaving for your trip today. I'm gonna miss you." You said while putting your head on his chest.

He began to slowly run his fingers through your hair as he spoke.

"I know, I know. I'm gonna miss you too."

"Promise you'll call me everyday?" You asked while looking up at him.

"How could I say no to that precious face."

You giggled before giving him a kiss on the lips.

"You know, I think I'm gonna miss your kisses the most...and your hugs...and cuddles....and the smell of your cologne...." You admitted.

"So pretty much everything?" He asked back.

"Yeah. I'm gonna miss everything. I always feel lost without you."

"It's only a week, (Y/N). It'll fly by super quick and I promise it'll feel like I never left."

"You really think so?" You questioned.

"Of course. Just pretend i'm in my office working."

"I would but the thought of not being able to go in there and actually see & bother you makes me sad."

"Ah yes. You never let me get any work done." He said before letting out a tiny laugh.

"That's because I'm the work that needs to be done." You teased. ;)

"Is that so? I guess I could finish up a few things before I leave...."

"Good cause this work has been sitting here for a while now just waiting to be uh...worked on."

You couldn't help but laugh at your dumb metaphor for sex.

Rafael laughed with you and continued to run his fingers through your hair and periodically give you little forehead kisses until you fell back asleep.

Next thing you knew, Rafi was packed and ready to go.

"Hey cariño, I'm heading out. I'll call you when I get there."

You grabbed his arm and pulled him in for one last kiss.

"I love you, Rafi. Have a safe trip."

"I love you too, (Y/N)."