.thirty.

Despite the great victory the world gained by the defeat of fire lord Ozai, no one could truly celebrate, for they lost something great.

The beach on the fire nation coast was lightly crowded on the day of y/n's funerals. It was decided that it would be held on the beach, because y/n loved the water. There was a beautiful memorial on the edge of the shore, placements of statues and flowers placed in a neat pile. There was no painting of the girl, because there wasn't one that existed. She had never had her painting taken, but Zuko remembered the way she looked so well that he could paint one himself if he wanted to.

Rows of seats were full, only people who new her personally were allowed to come. The sun tribe, bending masters, White Lotus members, Swamp earth benders, people from around the globe were there in her remembrance. The Gaang was seated at the very front row. Sokka and Suki holding each other tight, Aang clutching Katara's hand as they wept, even Toph was wiping her cloudy eyes.

"Y/n was dealt a bad hand in life to begin with, but she always made the most of everything." Zuko ended his speech at the podium, taking his seat with his head in his hands.

Y/n's mother and father closed the ceremony with tear stained cheeks. Then, one by one, everyone began to leave, going on to continue with their lives.

But Zuko couldn't, he couldn't just let go of what happened. Tears streamed down his face as he angrily punched the sand beneath him.

This was his fault. He said he wouldn't let her die and he did.

Zuko flinched as a hand rested on his shoulder. Looking up, he was met with the eyes of Aang and the rest of the Gaang. Zuko didn't speak, staring off at the shore as the tide pulled back and forth. Slowly, one by one, the Gaang took seats next to him, showing they were there for comfort.

"Y/n always told me that she should have been born a water bender." Zuko mumbled, his voice still soaked with tears.

"She would have made a great one." Katara chimed in.

"Y/n was good at everything she did." Aang commented.

Then it was silent. Eerily silent as the waves of the ocean lapped at the sand.

The Avatar team stayed on the beach all day, not eating, not sleeping, not talking, just mourning. Mourning the girl that had somehow brought something special to each of their lives.

Soon the moon began to peak over the horizon, and with it, there were two small silhouettes at the edge of the ocean.

"What is that?" Suki mumbled.

"Ships maybe?" Sokka answered.

"Those look like people, not ships." Katara said.

"Wait a second." Aang stood up and moved to the very edge of the shore.

"They're spirit! It's Yue!" He yelled. Almost everyone stood attentively, watching as Yue and another spirit paced towards them over the summer waves.

"Is she... holding something?" Sokka asked.

Zuko finally looked up from his spot in the sand, he squinted as he watched the approaching spirit, then his eyes widened.

"That's y/n!" He yelled, standing up and meeting Aang at the edge of the shore. Yue was close enough in veiw for her to flash a bright smile. She was holding a sleeping y/n in bridal style. The sleeping girl was wearing a intricate strapless dress that flowed yards behind Yue as she walked, it was set with upper arm pieces that flowed even longer. But most noticeably, y/n was translucent, not fully alive, still a spirit.