The Choice

Yuki took one last look around the small home she had known for 17 years. She knew that there was nothing left for her here now that her parents were gone. Picking her bag up off the floor she closed the door behind her, she did not know what would become of this small house, but she knew she had to make a choice. Her family had never chosen a village to belong to, but instead stayed in the forest below the mountain taking missions from whichever village needed their skills at the time. The Mytaki family's skills were always sought after, but never did her family sell their skills like a rogue ninja. They accepted missions that they knew were for the good of the village that needed them, anything that was evil or seemed to have evil intentions never received an answer from the Mytaki family. Yuki always respected that about her family, they appreciated all the villages individually and found friends in each one they visited. However, today Yuki was making a choice, she was making a choice to join a village and live the rest of her life with a crest attached to her. Her parents had always had the most admiration for the Hidden Leaf and today Yuki was making her way to that village to meet with the Hokage to tell him how much she wanted to be a part of the village. Yuki only hoped she would be able to say the right things to make the Hokage believe that she was indeed reliable and would never leave the village once she entered into it. The journey to the Hidden Leaf would take at least a day, which was fine with Yuki, she needed time to think and calm her nerves.

----------

Setting up for the night was easy, Yuki had done the task a million times; scoot the area, make a tent on high ground, small fire. All these things were carried out in an autopilot manner. As she lay under the stars she wondered what it would be like to finally belong to a village, to have that village feel like her family. Yuki wondered as she drifted off to sleep if she would have an easy time integrating into this new lifestyle. Would she be able to open up the way families were with each other or would she be seen as the lonely outcast with a hazy past. Yuki hoped with all her might that she would be accepted by these people, that they would give her a chance and let her prove that she was a perfect fit for the village.