Wakas

Wakas

"Alam mo bakit ABM si Zafirah?"

I tilted my head to Iscalade's direction. He was grinning like an idiot.

"Bakit?" Cae, being the joke enthusiast that he was, entertained Iscalade's question.

"Kasi mahilig siya sa firah!" Iscalade said, slapping his thighs because of laughter.

I only furrowed my eyebrows.

Cae laughed while Sachael was looking over me with a smirk on his face. I continued on stretching parts of my body because our current class is PE. Nasa main gymnasium kami ngayon.

I hate PE. Hindi ko alam kung sadyang tinatamad lang ako o talagang palaging tulog ang katawan ko kaya hindi ko magawang magustuhan.

"Swerte ni Ade, ano? Magka-strand sila ni Zafirah," Iscalade kept on bugging me.

"Hindi sila magka-section," I said, stating out facts.

I already asked Ade and knowing Ade who likes girls a lot, hindi makakalagpas sa paningin niya si Zafirah. So, I stake my claim and told Ade to back off. He even told me he didn't want someone as stern as Zafirah, para raw kasing walang gagawin kundi umirap sa kanya.

May pilyong ngiti sa mukha ni Iscalade.

"Still, mas nagkikita sila kumpara sa inyong dalawa."

When he saw how my mouth formed a scowl, he knew he won the argument.

I just want to know why I had Iscalade as my friend?

Is there really no other options?

There were times where Zafirah and I had close interactions despite of our strands, hanggang sa ako na mismo ang naghahanap sa kanya. She was the easiest to spot among all people --- simply because she was the only one that stands out the most in my sight.

One time, I saw her crying alone in a corner. I didn't know why she seems fragile that time but when I talked to her, I learned that it was because of practical research.

Hindi ko mapigilan ang maramdaman na lungkot para sa kanya. I've never really took things too seriously, even my academics. Sumasakto lang talaga na mas mabilis ako makapagkabisa at matuto kumpara sa iba. Pero bukod doon, I don't even know if I have any talent. I only looked at her as her tears kept on streaming down her face.

She was really devoted to her studies, that's the reason why she was crying. It was important for her, it made me realized that Zafirah despite her constant fiery comments --- she actually had a soft place when it comes to her grades.

It made me appreciate how much she was working hard for herself.

She was the type of person who reviews her notes even though the quiz will be next week. She was that diligent and her efforts in academics makes me admire her more.

"Whipped," Iscalade nudged me during our Basic Cal class. I rolled my eyes at him as I was putting digits on my Scientific Calculator.

"Please stop disturbing me," pakiusap ko pero lalo lamang niya akong kinulit.

"I can't believe you're 'searching how to say you like someone' on google!"

I nibbled on my lower lip as I glared at him. Fine, I did that. I just wanted to know how to tell her. Hindi ko kasi alam kung paano ito sasabihin. All my life, girls were the ones who tell me they liked me first.

"Alam mo pwede naman kitang turuan," he positioned himself holding his chin. "Zafirah, I like you. Do you like me too?"

Parang gago talaga.