Chapter 4

Zinov's POV:

The bus driver throws both bags -mine and Xena's- at me and zooms off, leaving me and the person who got me into this mess in front of a wooden sign.

H O O L I G A N S   C A M P

The sign is tilted to the left and extremely dusty -clearly, they haven't bothered changing or cleaning the sign for years.

I pick up both bags from the floor -knowing that Xena won't carry her own- and walk towards the sign.

Sliding my hand against the dusty sign I mutter, "This is going to be . . . "

"LIT !" Xena exclaims stupidly.

How can one find a place filled with dirty tiny wooden cabins -lit?

"No, Xen. Dirty, maybe. Disgusting, maybe. Unpleasant, maybe. But for sure NOT lit, " I retort wrathly.

"Stop being such a drama queen," she complains, sarcasm dripping in her voice.

I huff, "Well, you stop being such a. a. ."

"Where did all those vocabulary words go now?" she jokes amusingly.

"At least I know some, " I come back, pride evident on my face.

"Is that what you're going to tell the universities you're going to apply to?" she questions, between laughs.

"I am ending this conversation, RIGHT NOW, " I announce, irritated, as I walk towards the map written on the wooden board far ahead.

"It's okay, one day you'll be able to win an argument, " she declares, " you just have to wait till I'm dead."

"You only win because I let you, " I inform her, snorting.

"Really? Okay then, " she mumbles before pushing me sideways making me bump into something or someone harshly.

"What the f****!?" the guy, who is now on the floor next to me from the impact, shouts.

Okay, it's a someone.

"Um, I. . . I, " I stutter unable to form words.

"You think you're cool don't you? " he asks, glaring at me, now standing up.

"No, he really doesn't. He prefers the word smart," Xena notifies, clearly enjoying this.

"Well, he sure as hell isn't smart if he decided to bump into me today of all days, " he mutters, as he pulls me from my t-shirt upwards.

"What do you think you're doing?" Xena interrogates, starting to panic.

He ignores her and lifts his hand, swinging it to effect my gorgeous face.

I wait for the impact to whack me as I shut my eyes.

But it doesn't come.

Instead, I find myself back on the dirt.

When I bare my eyes open I find the guy on the ground wincing in pain and Xena glaring at him furiously.

"What, you think you're cool don't you?" she retorts mimicking his voice.

"Next time don't mess with me, " he threatens me, after standing up, limping.

"No, next time you don't mess with us, " Xena repeats, grabbing my shaking figure up.

"He bumped into me, " he calls out, walking towards the tiny wooden cabins.

"Are you. . " she is cut off by me squeezing her.

"Yeah, thank you, " I whisper as I untangle myself from the hug.

She looks taken back for a few seconds before replying arrogantly, "We aren't going to talk about how I'm the one who put you in that position, got it?"

I nod and offer her an amused smile as we both glance back at the blueprint.

...

"So, we can't room together because?" Xena repeats the question to the volunteer assigning us our cabins.

"We don't let both males and females live together in the same room, " the woman repeats, very disgruntled.

"That's because?" Xena inquiries.

"To be sure no one is. . you know, " the woman mumbles, clearly uncomfortable.

"And that is?" Xena questions.

"What cabins are we assigned in?" I cut in.

"Your cabins will be right across from each other, actually. You are in room 94 and she is in room 71," she informs.

"How is that right across from each other, " Xena jokes.

"You are faction yellow, here are your keys, maps and schedules. . . The program starts tomorrow and the camp head will be explaining the details in the morning, " she explains ignoring Xena's question, handing me both mine and Xena's stuff.

"What if I don't like the color yellow!?" Xena demands.

"Then I wouldn't care less. Go, " the woman instructs, clearly unhappy.

"Okay, okay. At least pretend like you arent kicking us out!" Xena exclaims.

"Thank you, m'aam, " I offer as I pull Xena out of the main cabin towards the cabins we were assigned to.

There was a red, orange, yellow, and green faction. Yellow and green were the furthest from the cafeteria, main cabin, and announcement stage.

As we walk I  note that each faction has different locations for activities.

Each of the factions contains a segment in the middle for physical exercise. That segment encloses a gym, a football field, a tennis court, a basketball court, a swimming pool, a boxing arena, and a fencing pieste.

"No, Xena. It is not LIT!?" Xena mimics, looking awestruck.

"This is what you call lit?" I joke, hating to admit that it is, in fact, very lit.

"Shut up, you call school lit, " she reminds me, still staring at the physical exercise segment.

"Yellow Faction, " I read off the banner.

"Oh here is my cabin!!" Xena exclaim, pointing towards the left side of the physical exercise segment.

"Oh there is mine, " I inform, pointing at the opposite side.

"Lets walk to yours together first, " she offers.

"Wow, you want to help me?" I ask, confused.

"No, you idiot. I just want to make sure you don't get a cabin better than mine. Oh and I need you to unpack my bag, " she notifies me, as we both strut in front of my compartment.

I sieze my keys out of my pocket and slide them into the door.

After exhaling a few times, I open the old broken door.

We both gasp at what we see.

•••-A/N: What made them gasp? •••

•••
-A/N: What made them gasp?
•••