XVIII

Pic: Inspiration for Xavier's house.

I stirred from my slumber, my whole body covered in a noticeable tingling sensation. I was enjoying it, so I didn't really want whatever this dream was to end. I tried to force myself back to sleep, but it was fruitless considering that I needed the bathroom. There's no way I could get back to sleep now.

I let my eyes flutter open, the sun shining into them obnoxiously. I guess that's one downside to Xavier having entire walls made of glass. I lifted my arm, shielding my eyes from the sun, as I tried to move. Xavier's arms were wrapped around me tightly, as they had been all night, so moving was pretty difficult.

I managed to wiggle my way out of them, Xavier frowning in his sleep as I left his embrace. Something tells me he hadn't slept that well in a while, so I would do my best to let him sleep in. He was usually running around after me, after all.

I found a bathroom on the ground floor and slipped inside, closing the door as quietly as possible. I did my business, tying the comically large jogging bottoms securely around my waist again.  Looking in the mirror, I couldn't help but cringe at my own reflection. I did not look great in the morning. I pulled off his hoodie, since it was pretty warm this morning, and fixed my bed hair. There wasn't much that I could do for my teeth, since I didn't have a toothbrush, but I used some mouthwash I found and hoped for the best.

Creeping back into the living room, I decided to start to make breakfast. His fridge was surprisingly full, considering he was a busy guy. I was beginning to suspect that he had cleaners, since this place was immaculately clean and I doubt some big bad Alpha is scrubbing the hard wood floors on his hands and knees.

I decided to just make some kimchi pancakes, which I hoped he would like. I was in an oddly good mood, whipping up the batter happily for the two of us. I was glad I had listened to Xavier and gave him a chance to explain himself, but it was weird. Very weird. Whenever I looked at him, my brain just screamed 'wolf!'. Being around him now was taking some getting used to, but I was enjoying it.

Frying the pancakes was pretty noisy, so I was surprised that Xavier continued to sleep through it. I stacked the pancakes on a plate and placed a bowl of soy sauce placed beside them for dipping. I poured us both a glass of apple juice, setting it on the dining table. I managed to find the cutlery and grinned at how it looked. Who said I couldn't be a Lunar- or whatever it was called.

"Xavier? I made breakfast." I attempted to wake him up, crouching beside him.

He stayed still, breathing steadily with his eyes closed. I poked him- trying to get him up. The tingles seemed to wake him up, his eyes snapping open. He looked up at me, smiling groggily. He opened his arms for a cuddle and I awkwardly gave him one.

"What smells good?" He sniffed, letting me go.

"I made breakfast." I gestured to the table, "I hope you don't mind. I just thought it would be nice."

"Don't apologise, baby." He hushed, "What's mine is yours. We're mates... I like saying it- you're my mate, Cameron."

I blushed, taking a seat at the dining table. He beamed at me, his eyes dragging over the food hungrily and then dragging over me hungrily. I used to think the pet name 'baby' was overused, but it sounded so natural coming from his mouth. It made me flustered, hearing him use it. I felt quite awkward because I wasn't used to these romantic experiences; how the hell do I behave?

With my girlfriends, it was emotionless; there was no cooking breakfast, cuddling all night or giving each other pet names. I was completely new to all of this. I wonder if Xavier was experienced- it wouldn't be surprising to me if he was. After all, you can't look like that and get no romantic attention.