Part 27

"Jordan?" I heard Lilly's voice. I groaned.

"What happened?" I asked, not opening my eyes.

"Klaus brought you back.....injured." Lilly answered, I cracked an eye open and saw her blue eyes lit with concern.

"Klaus?" I groggily asked.

"Yeah.....I thought it was him and bit him.....then he explained he found you by the swamp."

"Swamp?" I felt like I should remember this, but I could not. there was something trying to get me to remember.

"What do you remember?" Lilly asked, her tone worried.

"Work and then nothing." I frowned. It was like my mind had been wiped. I pushed myself into a sitting position. I ran my hand through my hair, feeling the mattered knots and dried leaves mixed with.... blood? I gasped.

"I'm bleeding." I felt my breathing becoming choppy as I tried to remember what had happened.

"Jordan....Jordan.....it's ok...." Lilly was trying. I sucked in air, trying to calm myself.

"Lilly." I croaked, feeling tears sliding down my cheek. "Something is wrong."

Lilly pulled me to her, hugging my tight. I cried into her shoulder; I felt her hands rubbing my back as she made shushing sounds. I calmed myself a little while later, pulling away and smiled.

"You will be the best mom."

"Bloody oath......" I laughed, feeling a little better. "You ok?" she asked.

"No." I answered honestly. I sighed, maybe things would have been easier if I had just remained Stacey rather then Jordan. My lips lifted with what Lilly had just said.

"Did you bite Klaus?"

"Hell yes......he tasted nasty." Lilly shuddered.

"I bet......but why did you?" I asked.

"Werewolves have a poisonous bite to vampires....." I looked at her wide eyed.

"Please don't bite Kol." I pleaded.

"I won't." she nodded at me. I calmed a little.

"Poisonous bite to vampires?" I asked.

"Well yeah, all but one." she sounded annoyed by that. I smiled.

"Klaus." I felt my eyes roll. Of course, it would be Klaus that would be immune.

"Bloody Hybrid." Lilly cursed.

"I don't know much about werewolves." My eyes were on the ceiling. We had both lied down, I could feel Lilly right beside me.

"What do you want to know?" Lilly asked me.

"Anything." I shrugged. I needed to think about anything else rather than the fact that I could not remembered what happened. Lilly started to explain in detail about the werewolf curse. How it was triggered. How every full moon she had to break every bone in her body to shift but nothing felt so freeing once you were in wolf form.

"I pray that Hope never triggers the curse." Lilly murmured.

Before I could respond, the door opened, Jeremy sticking his head in.

"Hey." He smiled, walking in, and sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Hey yourself." I sat up, smiling at him.

"You ok?" he asked.

"Yeah...." I sighed. After speaking with Lilly, I felt a little better.

I watched as Jeremy checked me over and then nodded, confirming that I was ok. I laughed, kicking him off the bed. he tumbled to the ground, landing with a thud. I laughed, then felt a pillow smack into my face. I gasped, hearing Lilly laugh.

"Oh, it's on." I declared.

I woke up in Lilly's bed, Hope was sleeping between us. I watched her as she slept peacefully. I touched her tiny hand with my finger, smiling at how small and precious she was. I snatched my hand back when seeing the orange glow from where I was touching her. oh my god, I was just siphoning Hope. I got out of bed, making sure not to disturb them and quickly exited the room. I looked down at my hand, I was a monster. How could I do that to Hope.

"Little Gilbert?" I heard the voice of Klaus. I froze mid step, noticing I had walked into a bedroom.

"Oh." Was all I could say.

Klaus sat by an easel, paintbrush in hand. I cocked my head to the side, studying him for a moment. He rose a brow at me, lips pulling up. he was amused.

"I'm sorry."

"By all means, walk into my room." He responded. I could feel my cheeks heat with embarrassment. I noticed that he was not angry.

"You're no mad." I furrowed my brow at him.

"Should I be?" he asked.

"Well.... this is your room." I gestured around.

"I guess...." He shrugged. Eyes returning to the painting. I rolled on the balls of my heels, then decided I wanted to see what he was painting. As I edged closer, my heart was slamming in my chest. I feared he was going to rip my heart out for getting this close.

"What do you think?" Klaus asked, gesturing to his painting. I took the last few steps, eyes scanning over the canvas. It was of New Orleans but when the parade had been in town. I felt my eyes widened. It was beautiful and I could not help but love it.

"I love it. the colours, the atmosphere. It's beautiful."

Klaus remained silent, I gave him a smile and headed back for the door.

"Do you remember what happened?" he asked.

I paused, holding the door.

"No." I answered.

"Good." He replied as I shut the door and headed out.

I spent the rest of the day in mine and Kol's room, waiting for him to come in. I had not heard from him today and felt this guilt tear through me. maybe he was out looking for me? by night-time I was frustrated and decided to hunt him down, instead, I got Freya.

"Have you seen Kol?" I asked her. she paused what she was doing, eyes flicked to me then back to the book in front of her.

"No." she answered.

I eyed her; something was telling me she was lying. I had not seen Rebekah or Elijah either today which was also weird. Rebekah because she barely left Hope's side. She wanted to document every moment of Hope's life.

"What are you doing?" I sat down at the table, looking down at some of the spells that were scattered across the top.

"Looking for a spell to end my mother." She answered, flipping through the book. I nodded, a small memory flooding through my mind. It was the ball, the first time I ever laid eyes on Kol.

"I met your mother."

"Unlucky." Freya answered. My lips twitched up.

"Yep."

We sat in silence, I picked up one of the spells and found myself wanting to know more about it. I was part witch after all.

"Freya."

"Jordan." She answered me with. I looked over at her.

"Would you teach me magic?" I asked.

"Do you want to learn?" she asked.

"Yes."

"Let's get started then." She smiled at me.