Chapter-7

Arinya's POV

I still can't believe that I got a job in the biggest Architecture & Designs company of USA. If my parents were here, they'd have been very proud of me.

Yesterday was a good day. Actually one of the best day's I've had in so many years. After getting my hand treated, I left the office building. I straight went shopping as I don't own a lot of clothes, let alone formal wear. I have some savings left from the part-time job I did at a library during my graduation years. I used to work there after my college hours in the evening.

I am glad that I got a job in time as my savings are about to finish too. My school and college fees were paid by the savings left by my father solely for my education purpose but I had to earn for fulfilling my other necessities.
I am not complaining that I had to work to fulfill my needs and I never will but sometimes it feels really sad that I had everything but still I couldn't...

My alarm went off signalling me to get out of the bed and start getting ready. It was 7:10 AM when I got out of bathroom after a nice shower. I changed into one of the outfits that I bought yesterday. I got ready after doing my hair and applied some mascara and a light colored lipstick. I did a winged liner on my eyes too. ( I literally struggled with it, how do other girls do it like it's no big deal?)

I went downstairs and Elle was already in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Good Morning El." I greeted.

"Morning Ari. Woah you're glowing." She replied happily.

"I just hope I don't mess up anything on my first day with my a..anxiety issues." I spoke.

"I'll just advice you not to stress and rest everything will be good." She said reassuringly.

"Yeah and thanks for the breakfast." I said and she smiled at me.

"Oh how's your hand though?" She asked serving the breakfast.

"Better than yesterday. It'll heal soon." I said looking at my hand. Though it still hurts but it's nothing that I can't handle.

"Good." She spoke and sat on a chair besides me.

We ate our breakfast and left for the office. I was relieved that Elle was by my side. It kind of relaxed my racing thoughts.
When we reached the office building, Elle left for her cabin and the receptionist showed me my cabin. At first, I was really shocked that I was given my own cabin but I guess it's casual when you work at the topmost company of USA. And it goes without saying that the office looked astounding.

After admiring everything closely in my workspace for 5 minutes I grabbed the project file from the book shelf and read all the details. I got to know that the project I am going to work on is for some European clients.

I have a meeting with my teammates after lunch hours and I only know that I am working along with 2 architects and 1 interior designer on this project. I set an alarm for 10 minutes before the meeting so I don't get late.

Without wasting any time I pulled out my laptop from my handbag and started working on the basic layouts. I was engrossed in my work when I heard a knock on the door. The door opened and Elle and Miss Rose came in.

"Ready for lunch?" Elle asked.

"Uh yeah." I replied.

"Hey, is your hand okay now? And I am sorry again." Miss Rose asked.

"Oh yes, it's good Miss Rose and please don't be sorry." I replied smiling.

"Please call me Samantha, I get enough dose of Miss Rose in this office." She spoke in a dramatic tone.