Chapter twenty six

Bane

Hearing that Stella was pregnant was probably the best news I've heard in my entire life. The woman I loved, was giving me a family.

Shoving Logan and the doctor out of my way I picked up Stella and hugged her. Her arms slowly wrapped around my neck, but I could sense her uneasiness. Of course she's nervous, I mean she still feels pressure from the whole 'I love you' situation, but I would make her feel comfortable with all this.

I was even more protective towards her now. Doubling the guards around the house, and keeping her close to me at all times.

"Bane I'm pregnant, not broken. We could go on with our lives like we've been doing."

"I know you're not broken baby I'm just paranoid, especially since there's a baby inside you now."

Her eyes softened before she nodded in understanding.

"I'm going to take a shower, you go finish some paperwork. I'll be quick I promise!" With a small peck on my lips she managed to get away and lock the bathroom door so I wouldn't follow her.

I was in my office with Logan and his mate Rose. Rose was explaining to me that it's normal for Stella to feel nervous, she's young, and this is her first child. Knowing that she was right I thought of a way to prove to Stella that I'd always be right by her side. I'd never leave her alone, especially to raise our child alone.

After saying our goodbyes to Logan and Rose, and making them promise we'd all get together soon Stella and I started dinner. Not wanting Stella to get tired I convinced her to sit on the couch while I decided we'd have spaghetti today.

We ate in silence. It was killing me slowly. I knew she wasn't ready for this, and was beginning to blame myself for not being more careful.

"Sweet heart I know you're nervous, trust me I am too, but we can do this; we'll be great parents. I've seen you with the packs children, they love you, and you love them; you're going to be an amazing mother. I know you probably feel like you're under a lot of pressure right now, but I will stand by you through anything. I love you baby. I don't want you to think that I'm just going to leave you, that will never happen."

Tears were running down her face. My wolf was angry at me for being the reason for her tears, and I was angry with myself.

But then she started laughing, and I mean really laughing. I didn't know what was happening. One second ago she was crying like a baby, and now she's laughing?

"Bane I'm nervous about the pregnancy, but that's not what's been on my mind all day. I was thinking of the right way to do this, but I guess I already kind of ruined it. I wanted to tell you earlier, but I got sick, then we went to the hospital, and I found out I was pregnant. I guess I should stop babbling and just say it. Well here it goes, I love you Bane White, and I'm not just saying that because you're the father of my child. I'm saying it because you're always there for me, you're willing to go through anything to see me happy, and that's what love is. I'm happy you chose my as your mate, we may have started off on a bad note, but you've proved to me that it was all worth it and if I could go back in time I wouldn't change a thing. You and this child are my life now, I'm not afraid of anything because of you, you're all I need to feel like I can accomplish whatever I want."

I felt like I was in a movie. Did she really just say all of that? Was I dreaming? I felt a tear slip out of my eye and cringed, I'm an alpha, and if my pack saw me crying right now they'd probably laugh at me, but I didn't care. My Stella had finally admitted that she loved me and she did it in the most perfect way.

Standing up so fast that the chair I had been sitting on hit the floor. I rushed over to her side and picked her up setting her on the counter.

"You're perfect. I don't know how I got so lucky when I chose you, but I'm happy the moon Goddess was watching out for me." Grabbing his face and wiping her tears with my thumb I continued. "Look at me, you made me cry, you made Alpha Bane cry, and I'm not even ashamed of it" I laughed at myself.

Forgetting about dinner I held her to our room where we showed each other just how much love we held for one another.

---------------------
I cried working on this chapter. Where in the world can I find a man like Bane?

Just a quick heads up that this is the last chapter before the epilogue. Once the epilogue is posted the story will be over.