juu hachi

Night had drawn on but the barbeque place was bustling with energy in the corner where they were sitting

Namjoon felt it a bit tiresome to be accompanying such energized bunch yet he found himself immersed in Taehyung and Jungkook bickering between themselves, and Jin feeding Jimin most of the good parts of the meat saying how the latter had grown thinner since he first came to the dorm.

"Is that Dior you are wearing?" Taehyung pointed to Jungkook's T-shirt with psychedelic prints all over it. "The watch in your hand looks expensive too."

"I don't steal your clothes anymore, do I?" Jungkook had a mischievous smirk on his face. Namjoon noted that it had been some time the youngest had 'accidentally' stole his outfits too.

"And you were in the dorm when we left. Where have you been getting the goods? And what do you do in your room with the laptop all day to not notice we were leaving?" Taehyung complained with a frown on his face.

"Earning money," the youngest chimed as he put a lettuce in his mouth using his barehand. "You won't understand."

"Working online? Thanks, I'm not interested either way," Taehyung sneered before turning to Jimin who had his mouth filled with food. "And you! You barely have time for me because you're always with that Sangah girl."

"Sangah?" Jin spoke amused.

Jimin quickly gulped down the food in his mouth. "Come on, I am always eating lunch with you. And I'm practically in the dorm the whole day. When did I not have time for you?"

"Who's Sangah? The girl with eyes like this?" Jungkook put his index fingers on the corner of his eyes and stretched the skin.

"Yes, the slanted cat eyes girl." Taehyung nodded to him and then he turned to the shorter again. "I won't be surprised if you two start dating soon."

A tinted hue spread over Jimin's fluffy cheeks. "She's just my friend. Why would I date her? You're giving me a migraine, Taehyung."

Suddenly it surged through Namjoon's brain, that he had broken the shorter's glasses months ago. "Jimin!" The brunette called out. "I broke your specs right? You said it helped reducing your migraine. Can you tell me what brand it was? I'll buy it for you."

"I can't believe you remembered that after months." Jin laughed out loud. "How about the handle of my frypan you broke last year? Where is the compensation for that?"

Namjoon felt himself deflating in embarrassment. "I'm sorry, I totally forgot. I'll buy a new one for you."

"You don't have to." Jin brushed it off with his hand. "I was just joking." There was a cheeky smile on his face and Namjoon asked himself if Jin ever looked so joyful before.

"You don't have to buy the glasses for me too, hyung," Jimin scratched the back of his head with a shy look on his face. "Those were cheap. And I already bought new ones."