~2~

~Revali's POV~

I'm in my hut preparing to go to the Flight Range the Village Elder gave me a few weeks ago, when our messenger came knocking on the frame of my hut.

"Master Revali, you have a letter from the Palace." he says holding out an envelope with the royal seal.

"Thank you." I say taking the letter. I put my bow on my bed and open the letter. It's the date and time of the champion inauguration and a ball. It's in a few days so I have plenty of time to prepare. I put it where I know I'll be able to find it. I gather my stuff and fly to the Flight Range to practice my new updraft and archery. I practice for a few hours then head up to Medoh. I sit up there and take in a view I will never get tired of. I watch the sun set and fly back to the village. I pick out my best attire to wear to  the ceremony and set it on my dresser.

Ceremony day ~Your POV~

You're in your part of the champion's quarters putting on your normal outfit but instead of your normal (f/c) bell sleeve, you put on the champion's garment Zelda gave you earlier that day. You clasp the strap around your shoulder and fix your hair. You hear a knock at the door.

"(y/n), it's Urbosa. It's time for all the champions to in the throne room." she says through the door. You do one final twirl in the mirror and go to the door.

"Don't worry, just touching up." you say. You see Daruk come out of his room.

"You ready for this kiddo?" He asks putting a hand on your shoulder.

"Ready as I'll ever be." you say. You walk down to the throne room with Urbosa and Daruk. They tower over you but you don't mind. You enter the sanctum and take your place next to Link and Urbosa. You're trying to calm your nerves, when the trumpets sound, announcing the king's arrival. You make sure your scar is hidden as you watch him ascend the steps to his throne.

"Welcome warriors." He says, his voice booming, "I'd like to thank you for joining me here today, and for your bravery in accepting this...fateful task. I officially appoint you Hyrule's Champions and bestow upon you this sacred garb."

"Hell yea! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIENDS AND WE'LL KEEP ON FIGHTING TILL THE END!!"  you think to yourself.

"That blue is a symbol of the Royal Family," the King continues, "one that has been passed down for countless generations. Those garments you know where were all crafted by my daughter, Zelda. Zelda, I trust you with the task only a daughter of the royal family can fulfill. Lead our Champions, Princess. And together, protect our kingdom from the threat of Calamity Ganon."

The fireworks go off and all of you head outside to a gazebo in the garden. You hear Daruk saying something to Link but are too interested in the Sheikah Slate. You watch as Revali takes it out of Zelda's hands and asks a question, you were lost in thought but snapped back to reality.

"There are more uses for it than we originally thought. Sadly, we've yet to decipher all of it's secrets." the Princess says. Revali puts the slate in Mipha's hands.

"The princess showed me something strange recently. Somehow it can create true-to-life images." Urbosa says leaning over Mipha. Urbosa is like 2 feet taller than you. A small gust of wind blows by and you see Revali's scarf out of the corner of your eye. It flips around and the design of Meadow is facing towards him. You fix the scarf because it was bugged you.

"What are doing?" Revali asks.

"The design wasn't facing the right way and it was bugging me so I fixed it." you say.

"Oh thank you." He says.

"Small things like that can tarnish a person's image."

"Why do people care so much about the details, it's just asinine."

"Everyone lets take a photo with the sheikah slate." Zelda says. Purah leads us over to field. You stand next to Zelda with Revali on your right and Urbosa behind you. Purah tells Daruk to crouch down and that Revali needs to get closer to the group.

"Ok, getting a little too claustrophobic." you think to yourself

  You scrunch my shoulders up, put a hand on your other arm, tilt your head a little, and give a small smile to make it look like you're not so tense. Then you make sure the design of your divine beast is facing the right way and visible. Purah tells Mipha to relax.

"Alright here we go," she says, " Smiiiiile... Click, SNAP!" Then Daruk pulls all of you into one big bear hug just as Purah is taking the picture. Everything goes in slow motion, you see Zelda jump, you feel yourself get pushed up against Urbosa and see Revali's hand go in front of your face which makes you go backwards. The next thing you know, Urbosa is the only force keeping you from hitting the ground, Mipha is laughing as she pushes herself off of the ground, and Zelda laughing at the picture that Purah took.

"Thanks Urbosa." you say.

"You're Welcome (y/n)." she says. You take a look at the photo and laugh your ass off. Everyone else looks at it and laugh, even Revali cracked a smile.

"I think its quite fitting that the two archers are side by side." Daruk says.

"The best and 2nd best of all Hyrule." Link says eyeing both of us. He knows that Revali is the best archer of the Rito and you're the best of the Hylians, but he doesn't know which one of you is the best in Hyrule. You see Revali get tense and you smirk.

"The best in Hyrule is m-" you feel a feathery hand go over your mouth.

"We don't know who's the best, but it's one of us." Revali says pulling you away. He leads you out of the groups ear-shot, with his hand still on your mouth. You try to move your head, but he has a firm grip.

"Just because you know you're the best doesn't mean you can go around bragging." he scolds.

"Oh and by telling them will crush your ego?" you ask sarcastically. Revali scoffs and crosses his arms.

"One minuet you're shy, the next you're sarcastic." He pauses. You make sure your hair is hiding your scar.

"Yea, got a problem with it?" you ask.

"I hear you're the youngest of us. 14, correct?"

"Yes."

"14 years old and a champion." He says putting a hand on his beak, "How? How can you be so young and be champion? Aren't you scared of losing your life? I mean I'm 17 and a little worried. Is it hard controlling Vah Saria? Is the sarcasm just a way to hide your fear? How did you get that sca-"

"Revali, stop bombarding the young girl with questions." Link says as he walks over.

"Thank you Link." you think to yourself

"What? I'm curious about the baby of the group" Revali says defensively.

"'Baby of the group'? Well you can't just go asking so many questions. You may ask a question that makes her uncomfortable." Link says, "Wait till you two get to know each other better."

You make sure that your hair hides your scar from view and walk away. You go towards the other champions and engage in conversation.

~(a/n)~

before anyone asks, yes most of the dialog and scenes were Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V then changed to  how I normally write Reader-chan's POV.

Im gonna get to work on chapter3 now...

EDIT: After receiving multiple comments addressing the part where (y/n) fixes the scarf and my original use of OCD, it has been fixed. The misuse is on me by doing a single google search and having a shallow understanding of OCD and I apologize. 

BYE <3