Chapter 45

Bria's POV

"Hello?"

The voice on the other end of the line was that of a female.

"Hi" I responded unsure. Ace gave me a signal to urge me on and I stared at him dumbfounded. Eventually, I tool a deep breath and told her the reason I am calling. "My name is Brianna Adams. I am trying to get in touch with Steve Adams."

"Bria?" She said shocked. "I'm so glad you called. My name is Laura, I'm Steve's wife. He's told me so much about you."

"He did?"

"Of course he did. You are all that man talks about." She laughed. "He is gonna be so happy you called.

"Where is he?"

"He just went to the store. He'll be back any moment. You should stop by."

"I'd like that." I told her and she gave me their address. I asked her to not let him know that I called. I wanted to surprise him. Laura and I both made arrangements for me to visit tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited.

After I hung up, I tackled Ace with a huge hug and kissed his cheeks. 

We continued searching through different folders around the room and was still unable to come with an idea of who the family lawyer was. I just hope my dad knows.

I plopped down on my moms bed exhausted and Ace joined. I guess was not as tired as I was because he started searching the night stand. I saw him grew still and closed something in his hands. I looked  at him confused until he opened his hands and showed me the pandora bracelet he had gotten for me all those years ago. I had totally forgotten about that.

He studied the charms a bit as if reminiscing and a smile grew on his face. I grabbed the bracelet from his hand and placed it in my bag.

***

My hands shook as I tried to calm my nerves down. I sat in the car outside of my dad's house for the past twenty minutes trying to calm myself. Ace grabbed one of my shaky palms and placed a soft kiss on it.

"Relax babe, everything is going to be fine." He cooed.

"What do you know? What if he doesn't like me?" I asked and he gave me a 'really?' look.

"I'm just a little nervous that's all." Ace gave me another two minutes before smacking the steering wheel of the car and getting out. He made his way over to my side of the vehicle and dragged me out complaining about wasting his gas.

"It's now or never baby. Okay? And you have nothing to worry about. If he didn't like you I don't think those letters would've existed in the first place." I nod my head and let his lead me up the path to the front porch.

The house was no mansion but it was a beautiful building surrounded by lots and lots of flowers. It was obvious that someone in the house had a green thumb and they made the whole place beautiful. If I weren't so darned nervous I might've been able to admire everything a bit more.

Ace rang the door bell and a beautiful blonde little boy opened it. He stared at us before calling for his mom loudly.

"Who is it?" She shouts back but he just kept staring at us or should I say Ace. The sound of tiny feet tapping came next followed by a tiny little girl with a head of curls. Her giggles could be heard all through the house. 

When she came to the door she looked at Ace and I before giggling again. Is she okay?

She stood in front of Ace and raised her arms for him to pick her up. He looked nervous at first but eventually he did pick her up. She wrapped her tiny arms around his neck and kissed his cheek.