5 | time of death

CHAPTER 5,

TIME OF DEATH

"Damn, I should win the oscars or something

"Damn, I should win the oscars or something."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE MCCALL SIBLINGS stand around in the sheriffs station as the wait for their father, the man soon walking out of the officer with rolling the sleeve of his work shirt up.

"Thanks for waiting. I know it's late." McCall says.

"It's okay. It's not like we're going to be going to school tomorrow anyway." Scott states.

"Unfortunately, I'm going to have to drive back to San Francisco tonight. I'll need to do a review at the field office. But I'll be back as soon as I can." McCall tells the two. "I might have to miss the first game of the season."

"It's no big deal." Scott reassures.

"It is to me." McCall replies, glancing between his children. "I'm keeping my promises this time."

The man reaches forwards and envelops his two children into a warm hug, blinking back tears as it comes to him as a surprise when Indiana hugs back. Sure, she's still angry at how he randomly took off when she was younger but Indi's learnt how you never know if you've taken someone/something for granted until you've lost it.

"One more thing." McCall says as they pull away. "When I do come back, we have to talk about some stuff. You two and your friends, the way you guys handle things, it doesn't seem to faze you like it should. It's like you guys know something I don't."

"It's Beacon Hills, it's kind of normal. Plus, maybe we just want to be detectives." Indiana replies, her father raising a brow at her and knowing she's lying.

"When I get back, I'd like to be in the know." McCall informs.

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

Indiana stands around the table in her kitchen, Scott and Liam standing either side of her as she gazed down at the three laptops Stiles had just placed down.

"Is three enough?" Kira asks.

"Depends on how many cameras they have but I think so." Stiles replies.

"Are we really doing this?" Liam asks, uncertainty wavering in his voice.

Scott nods. "Yeah, we're doing it. Tonight."

"But isn't it kind of dangerous?" Liam questions.

"It's incredibly dangerous and borderline idiotic." Stiles replies.