9. OLD MARRIED COUPLE

| CHAPTER NINE |

OLD MARRIED COUPLE.

"STOP! I'M NOT GOING TO put on a suit!" Remus exclaimed, his voice rising slightly. For the past hour Sirius had been trying to convince the werewolf to put on a tuxedo and maybe even place a flower into the pocket of it.

"Well, aren't you trying to impress her?" Sirius questioned, "I mean you shaved," He pointed to his best friend's face.

Due to their little scuffle neither of the men heard the commotion outside the dining area, where a certain redhead Dragonologist suddenly apparated, knocking into a umbrella stand accidentally. When she regained her footing, she realised two familiar voices were coming from the kitchen so she walked towards it.

"Shut up," Remus said, rolling his eyes.

"I'm pretty sure you showered too," Sirius snickered as Dawn entered the room but stayed in the doorway. 

The redhead leaned against the doorframe, folding her arms over her chest as an amused smile appeared on her plump lips. Remus spotted her almost instantly, his eyes widening as his heart rate suddenly went up.

"Did you even put on aftershave?"

"Shut up," Remus hissed, placing his hand over his eyes, rubbing them.

Before Sirius could speak and expose him anymore, Dawn finally cleared her throat, gaining the attention of the older black haired man who turned around with a shocked look on his face, "You two sound like an old married couple," The redhead commented, looking between a smirking Sirius and a clearly embarrassed Remus, "So, who's the lucky lady?"

"What?" Remus asked, finally looking up at Dawn.

"It sounds like you're doing things to impress someone," Dawn stated, putting on a fake smile as she said that, "So who's the lucky lady?" She then quickly added, "Or guy?"

"It's a lady," Sirius said before Remus could even open his mouth, "Yeah, Moony over here is insanely into her," He stated, placing his hand onto the taller man's shoulder, ignoring the glare he received from him.

Dawn glanced over at Remus, biting her lip, "Well, she's a lucky lady, whoever she is."

"Oh, do you want to know her name?" Sirius suddenly asked, moving away from Remus, but before he could make his way over to the redhead, the werewolf seized his arm causing him to stop dead in his tracks.

"Definitely," Dawn said, a very clearly fake smile on her face.

"Well, it's--" 

Remus placed his hand over his best friend's mouth, shushing him before he could even say the first letter of the name. Dawn raised an eyebrow as Sirius continued to talk into Remus' hand, his words coming out completely muffled and jumbled up.

"Just ignore him," Remus finally said, smiling warmly at the younger woman, "He's crazy."