Chapter Twnety Eight: Heroes Of Our Time.(part 1)

Benjamin's POV.

--Five Years Later--

A female voice is heard over TV saying...welcome everyone and a very good day to each and every everyone of you watching us at this hour. We're the people's news. On this platform, we like to recognize heroes of every kind. And by that, we mean people of all genders, ethnicity and ages that have in one way or the other changed their own lives and that of others around them positively.

We have had the likes of celebrities, religious leaders, political leaders, medical doctors... But today we're honored to have with us a survival. This person did not only go against all odds to overcome physical, emotional and psychological trauma caused by domestic abuse, but has also managed to use her story to inspire millions of people to speak up about theirs also.

She and her team of divers professionals have been combating issues like: homelessness, rape and abuse of any kind, by rescuing victims of such circumstances.

She is a survival, a hero, a philanthropist, a mother to many and someone I've come to know as a friend. So without further delay... help me welcome our guest for today as she talks about what's like to be surrounded by people who have experienced the same trauma as her.

There's rounds and rounds of applause from the audience as a woman in her early thirties walked onto the room and goes to give the female host air kisses.

One look at at the screen and my breath caught in my throat.
I couldn't look away even if i wanted to, i was captivated by her ever radiant smile. She wore her hair down like old times which brings a smile to my face. She is dressed in plain suit pant with heels, both of which are peach in colors. The lack of jewelry on her just goes a long way to compliment her natural beauty...she'd always looked better without them anyways. She sits down while waving and smiling at the audience and they all started clapping and whistling again.

"Hello again and welcome, we're very excited to have you on the people's show." The female host exclaims with a smile.

"Hello to you too Elena, and thank y'all for having me on the show. I'm honored to be here...I'm a bit nervous though." Elena and the audience are thrown in fits of laughter and giggles while some awed by her words.

You could really see the nervousness on her face from the way she twirls the medallion on her neck. Then again, the woman has always wore her emotions on her sleeves.

"We're all nervous to be her with you today too, i mean...its not everyday you get to meet a real life super hero right guys?" The last part was spoken to the audience as they erupted into another round of applause and shouts.

The audience's reaction seemed to have worked because she looks more relaxed now than earlier.

"Forgive me for being so upfront but we're really curious, is it true that you have an antique shop that you run in leisure time?" She and everyone one on the show laughed while the lady collected a mug of whatever was handed to her with a nod of appreciation before saying.

"Yes! yes, its true. I do run an antique shop, it was my grandmother's so its very personal to me." I don't know if it was the genuineness in her voice or the smooth sound of her voice, but the audience were awed by her words but the female host looked at her in shock before saying.

"Lemme get this straight...you travel like a lot because of your work, you organize charity events, you and your team of experts are in charge of a community of about five millions individuals of different ethnicities, gender and ages. One of which you oversee the kids division, and you still have time to run an antique shop?...how does that work?" The host managed to say in one breath, and the woman laughs shyly before saying.

"As you all know, i only came to know about my biological family after their deaths except my male cousin...which means i don't really have much left of them, the antique shop is really the only place i feel like they're still with me. And i don't go there at my leisure time, the antique shop is my leisure time. And the kids are really cooperative...so they practically have my work cut out for me." The host and everyone clapped at her answer before asking another question.

"How many kids are we talking about...eighty?" The female host paused as she waits for the woman's reply.

The woman sips on her drink before saying. "Ninety five as of yesterday...we're welcoming a new addition to the family today." The host gaped at her while she and the audience laughs at her expression.

"Ninety five and still counting...did you hear that guys? Ninety five kids all by herself! I don't really know how you do it miss Witkins." The woman smiles as the crowds starts clapping again before saying.

"Please call me Rainbow, and my team are very supportive...i can always count on them to put me through new things. We're together every step of the way. They're with me in making every decision concerning the kids wellbeing and future, including every other person at the community. I also try my possible best to be around the kids as much as i can because they need me as much as i need them." The audience awed loudly as a video of what seems to be Rainbow wearing an oversized P.Js, tiptoeing into a semi-dark room with a kid on her shoulder beer footed.

She gently drops the kid on his bed as she kisses his forehead before doing the same thing to two other kids in the room. She went ahead to check on other kids in different rooms while leaving kisses on their foreheads, and she's currently in another room with a little boy in her arms as she feeds him something in a cup before rocking him to sleep and puts him back to bed.

The crowds claps and awed loudly as the video stops playing, before the host say. "What's up with that pyjamas?" And Rainbow laughs hysterically and says.

"That right there...is my lazy P.Js, and i can't believe they sold me out like that! Those little traitors...but i'm glad they didn't show you those embarrassing dance videos." Both of her palms was on her face as she finished talking and the audience laughed again.

"What was that with kid? It seems like that wasn't the first time, because you knew exactly what to do." The host asked as she adjust her position on the chair.

"Oh yeah, that was Theo, he's one of my youngest. He has a thing for warm milk, and can't sleep unless i feed him some. The audience awed after hearing her words, while the host stands to give Rainbow a side hug and thanks her coming as she says they will back after a short break.

To Be Continued.