Chapter XXXII

Cadence's POV
[ "Cadence, come take a look. The results for the exam have been posted on the bulletin board" ]

Allycia calls out to me with Claira standing by her side.

Lately I've noticed that as we grow the twins begin to slowly look more and more distinct.

When I first met them everything about them was nearly identical. They even wore the same gowns and ornaments as each other.

However now they seem to had developed their own styles. Mainly Claira always wears pastel colours while Allycia wears much darker shades.

Of course one thing they still had in common was their air of elegance and high standing. That is most likely something that will never change

Their personalities also differed quite a bit from each other.

Although they were both quite mature Allycia was esspecially like the 'mother' figure of the friend group.

Perhaps it's because she is the oldest and was born first out of our group of three, but she is always looking out for both of us and is the most level headed.

Claira on the other hand has a more energetic and excited personality although she does a very good job at hiding it when we're with others.

Either way I admire both of them as my ultimate role models in life.

I try to take a look at the bulletin board but a crowd of students are blocking my view.

It seems the twins are fine but I am not able to see over the peoples heads even when I'm on my toes!

I pout my checks and look down at the ground in frustration.

We are all roughly the same age so why am I the only one still this short?! I always have at least 3 meals a day and drink plenty of milk so how can this be?!

Father is extremely tall himself so I guess I have my mother to blame for these childish genes of mine!

Claira giggles at me and Allycia rubs my head to comfort me.

[ "Don't feel too upset Cadence we're still only 10 and I'm sure you'll grow much more in the future" ]

Allycia says to me with a smile.

I wrap my arms around Allycia's waist and bury my face in her chest.

I've always liked hugging and the such but it seems i've esspecially become clingy with the twins and more so with Allycia.

It's just that with school starting and all these social interactions with strangers, I've had lots of moments where my energy is completely drained.

When that happens the twins are always the ones cheering me on. I've found that hugging and clinging on to them is the most effective way of quickly filling my energy back up.

Allycia always welcomes me with open arms and that makes me very grateful and happy to have her.

Meanwhile whilst this is happening Claira is reading out the results for me.

[ "Allycia came 4th and I came sixth. My, my Cadence you came first in our year level tied with another student! That's quite the impressive accomplishment!" ]

[ "Ehhh really?!" ]

I let go of Allycia and look at Claira whose staring at me with a proud, happy look.

To tell the truth I did feel the exam was quite easy but to get first is a bit out of my expectations!

Even before I started school I'd study for nearly 6 hours every day with only one day off a week.

Father offered multiple times to reduce my studying hours but I always refused as I was afraid I'd fall behind the other noble children.

I already couldn't use magic so I thought I should at least put more effort into other things.

My tutors would all praise me but whenever I would show father my scores he'd just simply nod or give me blank responses!

Later I asked Alfred about how Father did in his studies when he was young and he told me that Father had practically aced everything he tried.

No wonder he was never impressed by my scores, he was used to getting all perfects!

This made me extremely frustrated and determined to do even better thus I found myself studying even more in my spare time.

I truthfully speaking wanted him to praise me for doing well.....

Anyhow I'm not going to deny that getting first place caused a massive boost in my ego but hmm Claira said I was tied with somebody else.

[ "Claira can you tell me who was tied with me for first?" ]

I ask her curiously.

She nods in reply.

[ "His name is Eugene Bolevin, the direct succesor and only child of Marques Bolevin." ]

Marques Bolevin? Isn't that the name of one of my tutors? If I recall corectly father told me that he is the top scholar of our empire and has made quite the significant contributions.

I was unaware he had a son the same age as me but in that case it makes sense that his child would get first.

[ "Cadence that's him over there" ]

Claira says whilst looking at his direction.

I follow her line of sight to see a boy sat on a bench reading a hefty book.

His hair is dark blue and completely straight. His  fringe is a bit long however it doesn't seem to cover his eyes or hinder him in any way.

It's hard to see him properly when his looking down however I can't help but notice how lomg and curled his eyelashes are.

My eyes also can't help but wander to his lips that remain still and closed as he flips through the pages.

Although his face is quite pretty and delicate looking, he seems to be fairly tall for his age and his hands are also quite large and a bit veiny.

Somehow he looks like he'd he the main capture target of some otome game I'd play in my past life.

He sits alone and excludes a cool and aloof aura that makes it difficult for anyone to get near him.

I notice to my side that a group of girls I recgonise are plainly staring at him with googly eyes.

I thought 10 was still too young but I guess this is the age where people start noticing and developing crushes on the other gender huh.

While that being said it seems only the girls in class are interested in romance at the moment.

I must say though he is very much a feast to the eyes.

Even I can't help but stare at him intently!

As if noticing he suddenly looks up from his book and makes direct eye contact with me.

I flinch slightly in suprise but don't look away from his amethyst coloured eyes.

All of a sudden I see his expression transform as he begins to openly glare at me.

W-what is with that menacing look his giving?!

Chapter XXXII End

R/n: hi readers just wanted to make a little note that I'm honestly suprised (pleasantly of course) that I actually managed to finish another chapter not long after the previous one was published! I've been having a lot of fun writing lately and I hope that continues~ Hope you're all having a wonderful day so far, make sure to stay  happy, safe and sound♡