XIX

Xavier headed to the bathroom not long after Noah left, clearing avoiding talking about what Noah had just spilled. I don't know why he's so embarrassed- I'm the one that has to explain that I've probably slept with half his pack. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret my sexual partners, but it's just awkward knowing Xavier's their leader.

I collapsed on the sofa, staring up at the high ceiling. You'd think that because we have this supernatural bond, that everything is just perfect and easy, but it's not. Sure, everything feels amazing, but it's still awkward. Neither of us are properly relaxed, because we don't really know each other. Hell, I'd only just found out who is best friend is; I'm pretty sure he only knows who mine is because he stalked me.

I felt quite a lot of pressure to accept everything quickly, since he had a lot of other stuff on his plate. The truth of the matter is that now I'm alone, I was beginning to freak out. Not just about the fact that he's a werewolf, but by the expectation that I'm going to step up to some kind of leadership role, working alongside Xavier.

A week ago I couldn't even decide what I wanted for breakfast, let alone what to do with my life. Now it seemed as if my life was planned out for me and as much as I liked Xavier, that freaks me out. 

My phone ringing dragged me out of my thoughts.

"Hello?" I answered it, still staring up at the ceiling.

"Oh, so you are alive then?" My mum asked rhetorically, her voice dripping with bitter sarcasm, "Imagine when I check in on my son before I leave for work and find he's long gone."

"I locked my door..." I mumbled, "Stop breaking into my room."

"What if you'd collapsed again!" Mum shrieked, making the guilt hit me.

"Sorry. I'll be back tonight." I replied sheepishly.

Obviously I couldn't blame her for being mad- I could imagine what she must be thinking right now. Finding me in that kind of state with no explanation would make anyone paranoid. 

"Don't bother. If you want to stay out all night, doing drugs and god knows what else, then stay out." She spat, hanging up on me.

I let my phone drop to the floor, flinging my arm across my eyes. Great. Now I was homeless until my mum decides to forgive me. I can't believe I've been kicked out of the house for doing drugs that I didn't even do. I guess it's not like I can explain to her that I was put in the hospital because I was mad at Xavier.

"Everything okay?" Xavier asked, entering the room while towel drying his shaved head.

My heart stopped, my eyes dragging down him hungrily. There's no denying that he's one hot specimen. He was shirtless, wearing only a pair of black jogging bottoms, slung so low you could see his perfectly sculpted v-line. I certainly didn't have one of those hiding underneath my shirt.

"My mum just kicked me out. She accused me of staying out all night doing drugs." I explained, feeling a tad embarrassed about revealing my domestic issues.

"She kicked you out?" He frowned, "Are you okay? I'm really sorry, that's completely my fault. I shouldn't have let you stay last night."

"I'm not a child. I can stay out at night." I protested defensively.

"I know." He shushed, giving me a hug, "You can stay here if you like."

I nodded slightly, thanking him for his offer. It was either here or the twins' house and all I can say is that there's a reason they go out every night. That place is a nightmare. I couldn't stay at Heather's either, since her mum still hates me. Looks like I'm crashing here.