For Him...?? (Chapter - 10)

Saanvika's POV

I entered the 'Life' hospital to meet a client, he is a doctor in this hospital, so I am here..... He said he has a very tight schedule for this whole week and we need to file the returns soon so I am here to discuss some things with him and carry on with the further procedures... I inquired about him in the reception and moved to his cabin as I was told that he is in surgery and will be back soon...... I hate hospitals and he knows it, actually, he is my client back from Pune, and as I transferred here, my boss handed over my old client to me as it would be easy for me rather than any other person as I know the details in the past already...

I am brought out of my thoughts by his voice... I stood up and greeted him.....

"Hi Mr. Singhal", I greeted politely with a smile...

"Hello Saanvika, and please call me Rishi, just like old times," He said smiling widely making me uncomfortable..... I was comfortable with him at the start, we are not friends but not strangers either, though I was strictly professional, we used to talk freely while working.... But everything changed after he proposed to me, I felt awkward meeting him or talking to him after that, but he eased my worries a little by never bringing up that topic again..... Meeting him now again in Delhi is not so pleasing for me...... We sat and discussed work...... He told me he referred our firm to his colleague and I thanked him formally...... After finishing my work, I got up to leave, and he stopped me and apologized for calling me here..... I smiled and shook my head saying it was my duty..... I am about to leave but he stopped me again......

"Let's meet for coffee tomorrow  ??" He started, and I gave him a look... I mean didn't he say he is busy this whole week to come to my office  ?? "I mean just as a friend, you are new to this place, and maybe I can show you around," He said...

"Um... No, I am sorry, I have lots of work to do, bye" Saying this I rushed out of his cabin...... I think I didn't hurt him...... Why can't I say a straight 'No' instead of making some excuses... Huh, I don't want to be rude but at the same time don't want to seem like I'm encouraging him..... Ahh, I think I am overthinking, he did say he asked just like a friend and I did well by denying him politely rather than saying a 'No' with attitude because that would be harsh and rude if he really asked like a friend..... Anyways, I have to leave for the office as I have many pending works to do..... I sat inside the cab and just then saw Vihaan coming out..... Wait.... What is he doing here  ?? Does he work in the same hospital  ?? Why does it matter to me..... I shook my head to remove his thoughts..... Yesterday when he shouted at me, I got so angry...... He talked as if I am dying to marry him, What did he think of himself huh?? He didn't even call back to apologize...... I should have lashed out at him instead of staying calm to his accusations...... I decided I won't call him till he calls...... I reached my office and drowned myself in work avoiding his thoughts, in fact, the whole marriage's thoughts...... In the evening, I am done with my work and about to leave my cabin when my phone buzzed..... And it's Vihaan...... 

Vihaan's POV

I wanted to apologize to Saanvika since the minute I realized I was wrong that is from yesterday, but every time some or the other thing is interrupting me, in the hospital it's work and at home it's Ayan... He never left a stone unturned to make me annoyed from the time this marriage news broke..... I had to control very hard from beating him into a pulp..... I finally gathered myself and called Saanvika......

"Hello," She said in a straight yet calm voice..... I understood she is mad at me...

"Hi, Saanvika..... Can I talk to you for a minute, only if you are free of course", I said

"Yes," She said politely yet her curt answers showed how mad she is...

"Um..... First of all, I am really sorry for yesterday, I don't know what came up to me", I said nervously, ahh..... What's making me nervous I didn't understand, I was never like this.....

"It's okay Vihaan, in a way it's my fault, I shouldn't have agreed to Alok uncle," She said with regret now

"Hey.... It's not your fault, I know how manipulative dad can be and it's my fault too... I shouldn't have said yes, at least after I did, I should have informed you immediately but...", I said and got interrupted by her...

"Let's stop this blame game and think about what's needed to be done," She said softly and I couldn't agree more...

"What should we do now  ?? I can't say 'No' to my dad and make a fool out of myself as I already agreed", I said trying to be frank with her and our present situation.....

"He's your dad Vihaan, I don't think he would judge you, try and make him understand," She said politely, for a second, I so wanted to hear my name rolling out of her tongue for the rest of my life, I shut my thoughts mentally cursing myself..... I think I am getting more and more attracted to her attitude.....

"You won't understand, because you don't know him, why don't you tell your family??" I asked though softly but displeasure was clear in my words.....

"I already did, but they said it's not in their hands now, and it's a matter of my father's respect, I agree with them... That's the reason I am asking you to do this as I already tried all the possible ways, we should do something as early as possible before this news reaches more people... Once the alliance is fixed officially, it can't be broken", she said...

"I.... ", I am about to say something but she interrupted me again..... I think she didn't finish her talk yet, ah Vihaan why can't you just shut your mouth and be patient... "I don't want people saying 'Niranjan's daughter's marriage broke, I don't mind it if they address me with my own name," She said with pain as if already imagining the situation...

Oh god, this girl doesn't fear her marriage breaking or her defamation in society, all she cares about is her father's respect who isn't even alive, she is crazy..... Her whole life could be judged with her this one move but she is least bothered...

"I understand, I'll try my level best to cancel this ASAP saanvi.....ka", I said suddenly wanting to call her Saanvi and not Saanvika but I don't want to give her any sort of the wrong impression, so quickly added 'ka'

"What's the plan, Let's discuss everything in detail, I don't want to repeat the same mistake......" she said and I agreed......

"You are right, we should discuss everything with each other, I mean about the issue of course," I said correcting myself...

"What are you planning to do Vihaan ??", She asked me softly.......

"I have no idea Saanvika, if you have any plan, then make me aware of it, because my mind isn't working at all", I said rubbing my forehead and suddenly getting worried about the whole scenario.....

"I don't know Vihaan, I'm so sorry, you are facing all this because of me, I never intended to suffer you," she said guiltily......