Fate Plays to Win and Taehyung Might Be a Genius

____________________

"Sometimes it can get so hard pretending that it's okay."
~Jimin~
____________________

Soulmates and Rejection

You'd think that being able to be with the other half of your soul would be enough. For some people, unfortunately, it isn't.

It is possible to reject your soulmate. Doing so, however, promises a lifetime of unease. Your soul will always long to join with its other half, and you will never feel at home.

When you reject your soulmate, you're cutting off the soulmate bond that exists between you and your soulmate. It has been proven that those who reject their soulmates tend to.....well, they tend to die sooner.

What exactly do I mean by this?

A soul is not meant to be separated. The strain of living is too harsh for one half of a soul to bear. If you reject your soulmate, you're denying your soul its other half; your soul cannot survive without its other half.

Soulmates cannot survive the death of their other half if the soulmate bond has fully formed. It's too great of a loss. This is why those who have never met their soulmate before will not die if their soulmate dies. Their soulmate bond has not fully formed. Instead, their Mark will turn grey. A lifeless grey. A depressing grey.

The Mark only turns grey if the bond has been cut. The bond can only be cut through death or rejection. If a soulmate has chosen to reject their other half, the Mark turns grey. This is because it is essentially the same as death to the Mark. This is mainly because the Mark cannot comprehend any reason why the bond would be cut unless the other soulmate died.

It is highly likely that if you sever your soulmate bond willingly you will either die or develop a mental illness. The soulmate bond is dormant until you meet your soulmate. The loss of a bond that has always been there, even if it hadn't been activated, is shocking to both your body and your soul. And to break the bond by your own choice?

There are consequences for that sort of thing.

(Fate doesn't like being disobeyed.)

—an excerpt from All About Soulmates
___________________

Her name was Park Eunae. She embodied her name, being the epitome of grace and love. Eunae could've become spoiled with all the attention she was given—it would've been so much easier to hate her.

But that wasn't Eunae. No, Eunae was kind to all. She talked to the outcasts, made friends with the bullies, and laughed with everyone.

Boys wanted her, girls wished to be her, and the teachers loved her. Eunae was perfect. She never messed anything up—except for one missed phone call.

A phone call that could've changed her life.

~*•*~

Eunae drops her bag as she shakes off her umbrella. The rain had been relentless and no part of her was left dry. School had been long that day—everyone seemed to have to talk to her.