Chapter 6

Warnings: None.
————————————————————————
Recap:

Once Becky is done with my hair she pulls me into her so I'm laying against her. "I have a question," Becky says as she wraps her arms around my waist.

"And what is that question," I ask.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out, like on a date," she says and I smile then sit up and turn to face her.

"If you win your next game," I say and she looks at me shocked.

"Are you serious," Becky asks.

"Yep."

"Fine," she say and I lay back down in her arms.

They better win this game.
———
Present

Andrea's POV:

It has been two days since Becky asked me on a date. Right now we are at the stadium for the game and the team is playing Portugal today.

I am next to the bench with my headphones on as I set up my cameras. Once I'm done I head behind the goal with my personal camera and set it up.

When I'm done setting it up the girls line up for their walkout. I get ready to take pictures and start as the walkout begins.

Fireworks start to go off and I flinch and grip my camera. Even though I have my headphones on it doesn't mean I cannot hear everything. Once they are done I calm down a little.

After the walkout and the playing of the anthems for both teams the girls get set up on their half. As I'm taking pictures I see Becky wave at me. I smile and wave back.

The whistle is then blown and the game begins.
———
In the fourth minute Christen crosses the ball and Tobin finishes. I take a deep breath and check my phone to make sure that the cameras by the bench are getting the pictures.

In the eighteenth minute Morgan scores and I continue to take pictures as the team celebrates. As Becky runs back to her starting position she smiles right at my camera and I chuckle and take the picture.

It's the fifty second minute and Carli just scored. She runs towards my camera and points at it as the girl surround her. I smile at their interaction and continue to take pictures.

Seventy second minute I can't tell if Christen scores or if it was an own goal, but they scored. The score is now four to zero and I smile thinking about the girls winning the game.

Later on the final whistle is blown and I chuckle to myself. Becky looks at me and smiles with a thumbs up as she runs to the girls.

I pack up my camera and then head to the bench to get the other ones. I take off my headphones once I reach the bench and I see someone stand in front of me. I look up and my eyes connect with Christen's.

I sigh and continue to pack my things. "Can we talk," she asks me.

"I don't really feel like talking, Christen," I say and stand up once everything is packed.

"I found out why you were given up for adoption," Christen says as I turn around.

I freeze at her words. I shake my head and continue walking. I walk out the stadium and go to the rental car. I put everything in and then get in.

When I'm about to leave my phone dings. I look at it and it's a text from Becky.

Becky: Hey, where did you go?