7 | a promise to the dead

CHAPTER 7,

A PROMISE TO THE DEAD

"Looks like a lot of effort being put in there

"Looks like a lot of effort being put in there. It's really bringing out your biceps there."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

LIAM ADMITTED TO not wanting to join Scott in helping the pack they found and saved from the assassins. It wasn't because the blond didn't care about the others but because he claimed he's not like the McCall pack

However, Indiana took the time out of her day to stop helping her friends run around chasing people to solve the current problems in order to help comfort Liam. The boy tried to get her to go help her friends but she refused, stating that he has a problem too because he practically has trauma from the berseker back at the hospital. Mason joined them too, although he didn't exactly question it and just thought he got his old two friends back.

During the time of the three freshmen's spending time together, the rest of the pack managed to stop the dead pool altogether. Stiles and Malia discovered that the machines operating it all were located in Lydia's lake house, the two turning it off while the others discovered that Peter Hale created the whole idea during his coma after the fire.

No more assassins. No more murders. No more of people being corrupted just for the sake of money. No more having to worry someones going to decapitate them, set them on fire, or stab them with wolfsbane.

Currently, Indiana walks downstairs after being called down by her mother. She pauses at the sight of Scott awkwardly standing there, Melissa having the bag of money in front of her.

"Oh, god." Indiana mutters, wondering how the conversation is gonna go.

"This is payment from the deadpool. I found it in Garrett's locker." Scott informs.

"This belongs to Derek?" Melissa questions, raising a brow. "So you're just keeping it safe for him in a gym bag underneath your bed? How long have you been keeping this from me?"

"Too long." Indiana replies, glaring over at Scott since she thought he had given it to the Hales already.

"I was going to give it back, Indi." Scott tells her.

"Do I want to know why you haven't yet?" Melissa asks.

Scott falls silent, pausing for a moment before sighing. "Because of you."

"Me?" Melissa questions.

"Mom, we know how you're struggling with money." Indiana states.

"Only a little." Melissa reassures.