32

When Soana was a toddler she would always go on picnics with her mother whether it be in the courtyard or at the harbor

When Soana was a toddler she would always go on picnics with her mother whether it be in the courtyard or at the harbor. She was very fond of spending time with her mother before her life had took an unexpected ending, however, she never thought she would be able to have another picnic again until she went to the Capital prison to visit with Iroh.

A guard stood outside of the metal door, bowing to the princess and Reid.
"Princess Soana, Master Reid," The woman guard spoke.
"You must be here to visit with Iroh?"

Soana sent a kind grin and used one hand to lay on Reid's shoulders while the other held a basket of food, cups, a tea pot with hot water, and white jade tea shavings.

"We are, in fact." Soana was about to hand over the basket for the guard to search through but she held her hand out and shook her head.

"I'll make an exception for the princess. You're very kind to visit Iroh in this time."

She furrowed her brows.
"Won't you get in trouble by Warden Poon if you don't?"

The guard rolled her eyes.
"If I do, it's not a big deal."

Soana grinned and retracted the basket to her side.
"Thanks, uhm?" She said, trying to ask for her name.

"Ming." She replied.

"Ming." Soana repeated then nodded.
"Thank you, Ming."

She returned the gestured and opened the metal door to let her in with Iroh.

Reid and Soana stepped in as Ming closed the door for privacy. Reid stood behind Soana's robe, scared of the person he saw in the cell.

Iroh had his back towards them, his eyes were closed and he sat in the middle of his cell calmly, not even acknowledging the princess or the seven year old.

"Hey, Iroh." Soana grinned, going towards his cell with Reid practically attached to her body.
"I figured we could have a little 'get together' today. Reid just arrived yesterday and was upset, so I thought we could pay you a visit to cheer him up and all."

Soana took a seat in front of the metal bars as Iroh chuckled and turned himself around fully. When he was settled, he squinted his eyes behind the princess to get a good look at Reid, who's face softened when he saw Iroh.

"Reid, my brave little soldier, is that you?"

Reid took a few timid steps towards the cell as the corners of his lips pulled into a small coy grin.