17 - my light

✧✧

✧✧

"What happened to her?"

"Boat.......hit her head....got here as fast as we could."

"Call her mother.....need a gurney."

I had been falling in and out of consciousness for a while now and I could only catch bits and pieces of what people were saying around me. I knew I was at the hospital and I knew that JJ was carrying me because of the smell of his cologne drifting into the air, mixing with antiseptic smell.

The last thing I could seem to remember before passing out was Ki kneeling over me, tears pricking her eyes, JJ next.I have no idea what made me pass out but I did know that whatever it was, it wasn't good.

"She's bleeding pretty heavily...will need stitches."

"You need to leave the room now."

There was shuffling, someone was yelling and then the door closed.

"Call doctor.....we need an ultrasound..."

Ultrasound? What in the world do they need an ultrasound for?

"Does anyone know how far along she is?" In that moment I felt my heart sink and my mind drifted off into blackness.

The next time I opened my eyes they were flooded with white lights, followed by a cream curtain surrounding the bed I was in.

"Hey sweetie, how are you feeling?" I hear a voice say and I look over to see my mom sitting in a chair next to my bed. "What- What happened?" I scrunch my eyebrows together, bringing up both of my heads to my eyes and try to rub the sleep out of them.

"They said you fainted and hit your head on the side of the boat. You had a pretty nasty gash on the back of your head and the doctors had to stitch you up and shave part of your hair. Sweetheart you could have died?! What were you doing out there?"

"Well Ki and I were with some of her friends... wait JJ... JJ was with me. Where is he?" I sit up abruptly and I feel the blood rush all to my head, making me slightly dizzy.

"Was that the boy who brought you in and called me? Blonde hair, blue eyes?" She asks and I nod. "He was distraught when they wouldn't let him see you since he wasn't family. He sat in the waiting room almost all night until some of his friends came and brought him home. He came back yesterday morning but I haven't seen him since. Who is he to you?"

"He's..." I start to say but my mind drifts off to his face before I passed out. He looked so worried I can't even imagine what he's like now, or what I would be like if he was in my position. That's enough for me to start to get up out of the bed but my mother just pushes me right back down.

"You need to stay in bed, the doctors need to monitor you a little more before you can go home since the baby was having decells yesterday." It takes me a moment to register the words that came out of her mouth but when I do I glance to the right to see two heart monitors.