The Bonfire

LIZZYS POV

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Day 10

"Could you please get me the flour?" Vanessa asks her daughter and Lily passes her the tube. "I really am so excited, I didn't do a bonfire since literal ages." I say and lean my head back while finishing my water.

"Me too, it's so much fun." Lily adds and helps her mother with doing the dough for our stick bread. I love stick bread, oh my god. I just never realized that it simply is the same dough as you'd do for a pizza. You just simply roll it around a stick. Johnny and Jack are already outside doing the "man-work"
(A/n: no sexism!!)
as Jackie called it to try make the fire already down at the beach.

Us girls were happy about that though. Not only because neither Lily, nor me, nor Vanessa I think was able to make a fire ourselves but because these two boys were a mess in the kitchen. Jack has never been a chef which used to confuse me because Vanessa can cook deliciously like a literal legend but now I know where he has that from. Our dear Johnny.

While Vanessa and Lily took the responsibility to make the dough and gave my best to make a salad. Which shouldn't be that hard, right? I cut some tomatoes, cucumber, paprika, salad and mozzarella (which I like a lot to add to salads) and mix it in a bowl.
"What kind of dressing should I do?" I ask them. "French dressing." Lily answers, rolling her eyes as if it was obvious. She then smiles at me while saying "we should have everything here to make it. But do it separate, daddy isn't a big fan of it.".

"So what should I do for him?" I question but they both only shrugs their shoulders. I sigh a little, not really satisfied with the answer they both gave me, but still start getting the ingredients for the dressing. It luckily doesn't take that long and is much easier than one might think.

After mixing everything to a viscous liquid, I put the bowl in the fridge to cool down a bit. I look over my shoulder to the door as a thought randomly pops into my head. I shrug my shoulders, 'why not?' I think.

I exit the kitchen and leave the mansion soon after as my legs bring me to the beach. I soon spot Johnny and Jack fixing things with the fire as I reach them. "Everything under perfect control." Jack says, not even looking at me as he fiddles around with two sticks, probably believing that'd I came out to ask how everything was going.
I roll my eyes in amusement.

"How can we help you ?" Johnny asks in a way nicer tone and lifts his gaze to meet my eyes with his own. I form my lips to a smile and gently brush a strand of hair behind my ear "not much. I uh was just preparing the dressing for the salad and Lily told me you didn't like french dressing. So I thought I'd just ask what you'd like." I suggest and cross my fingers behind my back.

He laughs quietly and looks back at me with a smile "thank you, you didn't have to do that. I like to just add some yoghurt with salt and pepper.". I used to do that a lot too but nothing can ever beat French dressing if you ask me.

I nod my head, keeping eye contact with him as I slowly walked back "alright.". I then turned around and walked back inside the house, feeling his eyes on me all the way up. I smirk.

I enter the kitchen again and try to help Lily and Vanessa as best as I can since I had my part done. There ain't much I can prepare for yoghurt and seasonings.

"Stick bread ain't the only thing we'll eat, right?" I ask. "No, of course not. The dough must chill for half an hour now. Meanwhile we can prepare the other spits." Vanessa answers and hands the bowl of dough to Lily who walks to put the bowl inside the fridge. I nod my head a little.