33

Everyone who lived in the palace had been moved into an underground bunker by word of Fire Lord Ozai

Everyone who lived in the palace had been moved into an underground bunker by word of Fire Lord Ozai. Due to the invasion that was being led by the warriors of the Southern water tribe, Earth Kingdom colonists, and Foggy Swamp dwellers, anyone who was royal had to be placed underground for the safety of the kingdom.

"I know I've made some bad choices, but today I'm gonna set things right." Zuko said, kneeling in front of a painting of his mother.

Soana had kneeled beside him, staring at the painting of Fire Lady Ursa. To the princess she looked to be kind, gentle, and compassionate. Soana wished she could've personally met Zuko's mother before things took such a turn.

The princess and the prince got up from their kneeling positions to turn towards Reid who sported Fire Nation armor confidently. His long hair had been tied up in a top knot, making him look like the younger version of Zuko.

The prince fluffed out his hair that was growing longer and covered his head with the hood of his cloak before grabbing his dual swords and messenger bag filled with food and supplies for the journey.

Soana had two water pouches placed in both sides of her hips so she had enough to fight her and Reid's way out. Before they could open the door to leave the safety of the bedroom, Zuko looked to Soana.

"I'm going to talk to my father before I go. No matter what happens you and Reid keep going. Don't wait for me."

Soana knitted her brows.
"Zuko, don't,"

"No!" Zuko protested.
"Don't try to make excuses to stay. You take Reid and get out of here. Like you said before, where ever you go, I follow. Right?"

Soana nodded weakly.

Zuko laid a comforting hand on her shoulder.
"I won't be too far behind."

With that said, Zuko opened the door to let Reid and Soana flee the bedroom. After he exited the bedroom, Soana looked back as Zuko looked to her.

"I hate you for doing this!" She said lowly.

"I love you!" He whisper shouted.
"Now, go!"

Soana obliged and departed from Zuko as she was headed towards the exit with Reid. Luckily, they didn't run into any guards since they're all out fighting against the "enemy" but when they opened the door from the bunker was when they faced the danger head on.

With all of Soana and Reid's strength, they opened the metal door to reach the outside, only for them to open it enough for them to squeeze through.