xvi. To Kill a Weasley

sixteen to kill a weasley

       MIA WENT TO BED A HAPPY GIRL; she climbed into her bed and fell asleep instantly, her head hitting the pillow as she dreamt up all of the scenarios in the world. She knows her dreams don't predict the future, but it was nice, imagining all of these things that might just happen. Nothing happens the way you expect, she knows that for sure by now, but still... It's nice to dream.

       Thing is, when she woke up the next day, something felt off. She doesn't know how, or why, but when she woke up, dressing into the outfit she left on top of her packed trunk, something felt weird.

       She went down to breakfast, and immediately she noticed — the Gryffindor table was void of any gingers. Harry, too, was missing. She couldn't help but frown.. She could see Archie and Hermione, awkwardly sitting together, but no one else was there. Nothing major must've happened — realistically if they were dead, they would've had an assembly by now — but still. It's the day of the journey home, so breakfast is later in the morning, there's no reason why they wouldn't be here. They can't all be late to breakfast?

       Mia sits down next to Hermione. She forces a smile.

       "Um, hi," says Mia. "Where's...?"

       Hermione and Archie exchange a look. Mia starts to worry a little bit.

       "We can't say much," says Hermione, but she puts her hand next to Mia's ear, to whisper, "Mr Weasley was attacked last night, by You-Know-Who's snake."

       "The snake?" says Mia, quietly, her eyes growing wide.

       Hermione nods gravely, before leaning back in, to continue. "And Harry..." says Hermione. "He knew."

       "So they've all left early?" asks Mia.

       "Yeah," says Archie, eating his toast.