Part 38: Snoggletog part 3; storytelling

Y/N POV

-And that's when Hiccup chose to defy your orders and run out into battle, Tuffnut reminds us. I nod in confirmation.
-Yep, I say.
-So Hiccup was a wee daredevil then? Eret teases and I look to said boy. Hiccup turns red and laughs.
-Yeah, I-I was. But I had a good reason! He says defensively.
-Yeah. Your humongous crush on Astrid. Valid reason Hiccup, I say sarcastically and Hiccup hides his face in his hands.
- So what happened next? Tuffnut asks excitedly.
-Well, I ran into battle... saved a few sheep from being toast, cut some nets that the sheep were caught in, all that fun stuff, I say.

Flashback:
I was caught in a crossfire, a man swinging his axe at a dragon right behind me. I thank him and run to the next net.

What I didn't know was that a curious, and hungry, dragon was tailing me. I cut up the net, before I felt a big gust of wind slam into my back. I turn slowly and see a dragon with razor sharp teeth opening its mouth to savior me for breakfast. I scream and hit the dragon in its blind spot, before running as fast as I can. The dragon quickly catches up to me though. I run faster, even though it feels like I am at max speed. I run through heaps of Vikings that tries to slay the beast, but misses and fails horribly. I start sweating, not just from running, but from nervousness.
I can't let this be the way I die, I think to myself and run up to a rock formation. I trip over a small rock that sticks out of a tuff of grass and drop my shield. I gasp as I see the dragon coming closer to me and I stumble to one of the rocks. Right as I turn around, the dragon stares into my soul. I fall and push myself into the hard, cold stone. The dragon inches closer and I feel like crying... but no tears come out. I hyperventilate as the dragon gets up in my face.

-I can still remember it's bright yellow eyes as it stared me down to hela, I say and shudder.
-Ooohhh! How did you kill it? Snotlout asks.
-With the axe of course! Ruffnut says.
-"With the axe of course"! No way!? I meant how with the axe! Snotlout says. I laugh.
-I'm just getting there! I say.

It stares me into the ground and can't make a sound... I can't call for help... I can't do anything, it's just me....

It's just me......

...... And my axe....

I take a deep breath as I feel the axe still in my hand. I close my eyes as the dragon draws closer. Tears finally show up and I mentally prepare myself for what's about to come.

It's my destiny.... I was born for this! C'mon now, make your father proud! I think and swing the axe, as hard as I can, I to the dragons skull. The dragon hisses, before falling limp on the ground. I pant as I see the sun begin to rise and dragons flying away with sheep in nets. I stay there for a long while, before standing up and shakily return to where everyone was standing around...

-This is where Hiccup majorly screwed up! Tuffnut says and nods proudly.
-Could you guys stop that? I'm right here! Hiccup says, face red. I giggle.
-It's true, Fishlegs says.
-I thought you were on my side! Hiccup says and Astrid laughs and kisses Hiccups cheek.

I walk to a house to lean on, as Hiccup gets majorly scolded for running out, when he was clearly ordered to stay inside, by multiple people.
The twins laugh as he gets escorted away.
-Great performance, Tuffnut compliments sarcastically.
-I've never seen anyone mess up that bad, Snotlout says.
-Thank you, thank you, I was trying, Hiccup says sarcastically back. Gobber shoves Snotlout, before continuing on. As Hiccup and Gobber comes closer, I peel away from the wall and walk up to Hiccup.

I look disappointed down at him. He is in such shame, that he couldn't even look at me.
-Why didn't you just stay away...? I ask harshly. Hiccup sighs as he walks past me. Gobber gives me a sad stare, as he follows. I sighs and walk up to the others.
-Wow, What happened to you? You look like you've seen a ghost! Snotlout says and I hit his sides.
-Ow! Hey! He groans.
-What happened? Fishlegs asks. I feel numb as I answer him.
-I killed a dragon... I say in a monotone voice. Everyone gawks at me.
-Y.... you killed a dragon? A real, big dragon? Ruffnut and Tuffnut asks. I nod.
-Yep, I say tiredly. The gang erupts in cheers.
-That's so cool! Tuffnut says.
-What kind of dragon was it? Fishlegs asks excitedly.
-Just wait till I tell mom and dad! Snotlout says and runs off to find our parents.

The others keep peppering me with questions and I hold up a hand as a sign for them to stop.
-It's been a lot tonight guys...  I say and walk through the small circle they made around me.
-I'm gonna go home now. Take a nap. You guys should too, I say over my shoulder as I walk away.

End of flashback

-That's majorly cool, Tuffnut says. Everyone stares at him.
-Not now though. But before this lifestyle, it was cool, he clarifies.
-It's been five years, you know. I still haven't found out what kind of dragon it was, Fishlegs says curiously. Everyone stares intensely at me.
Even the dragons look absolutely entranced.
-A deadly nadder... I killed a orange-y, red deadly nadder, I say.
-Wow... that must've very tough for you, Eret says. I nod.
-It was... I just couldn't get over the fact that I killed another creature, I say. D/n comes over and puts their head in my lap.
-But I swore that I'd never kill another dragon... and I haven't, I say and everyone applauds. I laugh.

-To Y/N! And her 5 year anniversary of her promise! Valka says and holds up her glass. Everyone does the same and takes a drink.

When everyone gets back into their own thing, Eret turns to me.
-That's why you're afraid of the dark and not being in control? He asks. I nod.
-Yeah... I say. Eret smiles and kisses my forehead.
-It's alright to be scared... he says and I smile.
-I love you, I say and he looks into my eyes.
-I love you too, Eret says.
-And now, kiss! I hear Gobber say. Me and Eret looks confused at him as he is standing right beside us.
-What? Eret asks.
-Yer supposed to kiss! He says and wiggle his arm. We notice that he is stretching it above our heads...

-Hah! A mistletoe! Ruffnut says and points to us, making everyone's attention land on me again.
-Kiss, Kiss, kiss! Astrid starts and soon everyone joins in on the chant.
Eret and I look at each other. I look at him in shame of the awkward situation, but he only smiles. He pulls me towards him and kisses me... I put a hand on his chest and the other around his neck. He puts his hands on my waist and pulls me further towards him.
Everyone cheers, and we pull apart.
We laugh as our friends and family are applauding to our kiss, even Dad... well, might be because he's drunk a little too much. But Snotlout only smiles softly and tries covering it up.

Eret puts a hair strand behind my ear, and my attention falls upon him once again.
-I'll walk you home whenever you want, Eret says, and I smile.
-Is that a Snoggletog promise? I ask curiously. Eret smiles and nods.
-It's a Snoggletog promise, he says and pecks my lips, to seal the promise.

Best. Snoggletog. Ever.