Chapter 12:

To: Sera Chang 

From: anonymous 

Subject: focus isn't one of your bigger attributes, is it? 

enough of the chit-chat. shall we attend to the bigger matter? are you going to let me in on your little kidnapping situation?  

sincerely, 

anonymous. 

* * * * 

To: anonymous 

From: Sera Chang

Subject: Fine, fine, fine. 

Can you just give me twenty-four hours to think about it? I don't even know you, do I? So how do I know I can trust you?

Sincerely, Sera. 

* * * * 

To: Sera Chang 

From: anonymous 

Subject: 24 hours. seriously. 

twenty-four hours? seriously? for god's sake, is every single human on earth this daft? 

who knows what evidence might disappear within twenty-four hours? exactly. nobody will know. 

sincerely, 

anonymous. 

* * * * 

To: anonymous  

From: Sera Chang 

Subject: Well. . . 

You are missing the other problem! How am I supposed to trust you, a stranger, who might also happen to be a hacker and a kidnapper? 

Sincerely, Sera. 

* * * * 

To: Sera Chang 

From: anonymous 

Subject: why. are. you. so. freaking. stubborn. 

for god's sake, do you know how much restraint i'm keeping together? i don't think we have twenty-four hours to decide whether or not we can trust each other! come on, just make up your mind! 

sincerely, 

anonymous. 

* * * * 

To: anonymous 

From: Sera Chang 

Subject: Don't rush me. 

Oh? You want me to make up my mind? Fine! 

I'm not letting you in with my quest because I have no idea if I can trust you! 

And why are you so insistent on "helping" me, huh? I have a salt spray and I am not afraid to use it! 

Sincerely, Sera.