~3~

~Your POV~

You've spent the past few days in the castle, getting to know the champions better. You think Mipha is the sweetest, most wholesome bean in the world. Daruk looks intimidating, but is really a giant teddy bear. Urbosa is a badass and a prankster. Link is likeable, if you can't find or talk to Zelda, you'll go find Link. You and Revali have a few things in common, 1) you're both skilled with a bow, 2) you're both sarcastic, and 3) you both train well into the night.

"He's a walking bag of salt with a beak."  you think to yourself with a smirk.

It was the night of the ball. You decided on a sleeveless black dress, a white sash, white (pumps or flats), and your hair in a side bun to the left. You add the last hair pin to the bun and head towards the ballroom.

~Revali's POV~

I put on my best attire and go to the ballroom. I see the other champions talking among themselves. I see (Y/N) in a sleeveless black dress with her Champions garment on. Her hair is pulled up in a bun, but has a bit that covers her scared eye. Why does she hide it? That's what I want to know. I've had a few short conversations with her and know a few things about her, she comes from Hateno village, that she has been using a bow for close to 10 years, and a few other things. The music starts and everyone pairs off. Link goes with Zelda, Mipha dances with her little brother Sidon, Urbosa and Daruk decide to dance together and (y/n) goes off to the side silently watching the pairs dance. A few hours pass and barely anyone is dancing now, Link might dance with Zelda or Mipha every now and then. I've danced myself to oblivion and I haven't seen her step out onto the floor once.

"Hello Revali." she says.

"Hello (y/n)."

"There is obviously a reason why you're here."

"You're right, I realized you haven't been out to dance at all tonight."

"And?"

"You could ask anyone here to dance with you, hell you could even ask Princess Zelda to dance with you if you so wished."

"I can't even begin to imagine the looks we'd get from people." she says laughing.

"So why haven't you asked anyone to dance?"

"I just haven't felt like dancing, is all."

"Well do you care to dance now?" I ask extending a wing.

"Sure." she says taking it.

I lead her over to the floor and we start to dance. She places a hand on my shoulder and I lift her other hand. I put a wing around her waist and we start to do a standard waltz. I'm expecting more people to start dancing, but no. So we start to do a more extravagant dance. I spin (y/n), she holds out her arm with the sleeve and lets it flow, she comes back and I do a dip. I can feel the eyes of everyone in the room on us. We continue to waltz around the room. As the music comes to a close I pick (y/n) up and spin her around. We finish off with our arms/wings in a X shape and I bow, (y/n) does a curtsy. The audience claps and we head off to get refreshments.

There a few people trying to get (y/n) to go out with them, it's disgusting watching people 10+ years older than her trying to ask her out. Granted, they don't know her age and she looks to be 10 years older by how she is dressed. She is rejecting them left and right, but they are stupid and keep trying to get her to go out with them.

"Gentlemen," I say, "She has made it obvious to you. She is not interested." they lower their heads and walk off.

"Thank you."

(time skip bc i can)

It's past midnight and the ball has been over for a while now. All the champions went to the castle's Champion's Quarters. I head into my part of the quarters and get changed. I head out to find that no one can find (y/n). Mipha asked me if I had seen her or know where she might have gone. She had come here to change, her dress was laid out on her bed. We are all concerned forher and we all go looking for her. I take getting the areal view. I see Vah Saria is at the castle. I can't see here anywhere. I can't lie, begin to panic. Then I hear the all too familiar thwack of a bow a being shot. I fly towards the archery grounds and there she is. I report back to the others.

"Revali have you found her?" Zelda asks with a lantern in her hand.

"Yes."

"Where is our baby then?" Urbosa asks.

"The archery grounds." I say crossing my arms. Everyone sighs out of relieve and I go to the archery grounds. I see that (y/n) has set up a few sand bags in a staircase formation. She gets a few feet behind the sandbags , gets a running start, practically flies up the 'stairs', jumps off, does a back flip, and pin-wheels the target.

"What are you doing training at this hour?" I ask, she turns around around knocking an arrow in the process, "No need to shoot, it's just me." She realizes it me and relaxes.

"Don't do that." she says unamused, "So what brings you here?"

"I asked you first."

"Fair enough, we need to be prepared in case Gannon attacks at night." she says, "Now your turn."

"Everyone didn't know where you were and I know the sound the of a bow being shot like I know my own name." I say.

"Oh, well I didn't mean to cause anyone to worry." she says softening. She turns away and yawns

"You're tired."

"And?"

"When you're tired you get sloppy, start to miss and then beat yourself down."

"When that happens, it's a sign to stop."

"Well at least take a break."

"Why are acting so concerned for me?" she asks with a smirk.

"I'm not, I'm simply giving you advice for late night training." I say leading her over to a near by fire pit.

"Suuure." she says sarcastically.

~Your POV~

You sit next to Revali and stare into the fire, finding numerous designs to carve into the limbs of your bows. You start having trouble keeping your eyes open.

"Truth is, I am tired. I feel like I'm about to fall over from exhaustion." you think to yourself, your eyes half closed.

"Don't go to sleep now, you still have to get to your room." Revali says.

You crack a smile and get your bow. You walk back to the Champion's Quarters with Revali. He says 'goodnight' and leaves. You put your bow down and change into your pajamas. You crawl in to bed and fall asleep instantly.

~(a/n)~

get chapter 3 done

im gonna get to work on chapter 4 which is where we find out how reader-chan got her scar...

BYE <3