chapter four

y / n

I didn't even want to go to that invitation. Being close to him is already making me nervous as hell and now I have to built up my courage to stay in the same room, eating like a lady to give a good impression.

I thought I'll never see him again and now I'll be living in a mafia house where he could see me doing whatever stuff I'm doing, tracking me down and even lock me in his own house for preventing me for leaving.

There's no time to regret, I already signed that stupid contract.

All I need to do is pack my clothes and leave. It's a good way to escape from that house. My dad wouldn't let me go because I'm a stress reliever for him. Bad day at work, torture for me and if he had a good day, less torture but more cleaning.

As for Yoona, my sister, she'll snitch unnecessary and fake news about me to my dad. We were so close when we were kids, but at time fades, she drifted away because of my mom, obviously.

I took my phone out, dialling Chungha's number and waited for her to answer. It took me two calls before she picks up. The first thing I heard was,

"You're alive?! I thought it was like Jeon who's calling me at first!" Chungha said, with shock lingering on her tongue.

"Yeah, I just had a job offer and I accepted it." There was a moment of silence in the call. We both never separate our ways, such as work and dreams. We stick together no matter what.

"I'll be able to gain two thousands dollars in a day. Then we could go see the world together. And my job is-"

"Let me guess!" She said excitedly. I could imagine her, hitting her lower lip as she was trying to decode a mystery. "It's obviously a babysitter."

"You know me too well, Chungha. I could finally leave my house and live a little with them," I said with a smile. Anyone that would see me would immediately know that something happened good to me.

Before I could speak, meaning that I wanted to cut the call, she started to snicker loudly. "Wait, you're going to live with the Jeon Jungkook? Like in his house? Isn't that like too much?"

"Yeah, sadly. I think it's just him, his son and another guy. But think in a positive way. I'm sure he won't hurt me, we are work partners, nothing more."

"Yeahhhh nothing more," She said in a uncertain tone, before cutting the call.

❣︎

I told my dad that I was going to work as a babysitter. It didn't really went well. He screamed at me, but surprisingly he didn't hit me. I was relieved that no other bruise will make his way to my collection.

I promised him that I was going to transfer some money to him, each time I earned it. However, I didn't precise how much I was going to get. I was going to give him a quarter, even lower that my own salary.

I'm sure my earned money will go to that stupid Yoona.

I was a few blocks away from my house. I really didn't want Dad and Yoona to notice that some bodyguard would be pick me up in some expensive car. This time I won't ever come back, unless I'm fired.

I was wearing something pretty since I'm going to have supper with a mafia? CEO? I'm not sure what is the concept of their usually meals, at least I tried to be presentable.

A car stopped right in front of me, producing a loud break sound. I took both of my luggage and went behind the car to put them in. Instead, a man with black hair came to open the trunk.

His beauty swooned me. He's so pretty and I couldn't hold myself. My legs are about to give up. His face is sure memorable, because I saw this man at my previous job.

Closing the trunk, he went back to the front sit. I was left dumbfounded when he went back to the car without saying anything.

Shrugging it off, I went to the back sit where there's more space. Also, I'm sure that sitting next to him would be helpful to lighten the atmosphere.

The car started to move in a fast pace. It made me worry for some reason. I think this man noticed that I was confused, because he kept glancing at me with the rear-mirror.

"I drive like this, and we are a little late," He said, turning the car to the left as I tried to grab onto something.

I look up to him, to see his side face which was beautiful. A soft jawline with no piercing unlike Jungkook who had plenty and had a delicious sharp jawline-

What am I saying?

"He doesn't like waiting," He says with a sigh at the end. Then, he showed me his phone with Bunny written on the screen.

"Who's Bunny?" I asked, being curious about who that was.

He chuckled, before answering the call. Before he talked to the person on the line, he mouthed me Jungkook. That guy put Jungkook as Bunny? Isn't that disrespectful or something? This guy is no bodyguard. He must be a friend of him.

"She's with me in the car, we'll be there in 5 minutes." Already? Time flys so quickly that I'm not even mentally prepared.

My dress is cheap, I don't wear makeup because I don't like it. My hair is in a messy bun, I wore sneakers but no heals. The only thing I'm wondering was; am I presentable? Will he not judge me?

I shouldn't worry this much. If they want to hate me, beat it. Jungkook is the one who hired me and he shouldn't hate me. This guy seems nice, but he doesn't talk, the only problem.

The car made his stop, making my body jolt forward. Even with the seatbelt on, my body is small and light so I can be easily be kidnapped and lifted with no problem.

Anyways, this man opened the door for me like the gentleman he is. I went out without any problem, landing in my both feet. I look up to see his beautiful mansion.

"I'm Taehyung, and his friend," He says, extending his right hand to me. I shake it without any hesitation.

"I'm-"

"Moon Y/n. Well, we shouldn't make him wait." My name is already been delivered to the whole house? Jungkook doesn't look the type to say everything that happened.

Taehyung helped me with my luggage, taking one of mine and the other with me. We walked to the entrance, as Taehyung rang the bell. I stared at the floor, waiting for the door to open.

I was wondering who was behind that door. Jungkook? The maids? Someone else? His girlfriend? Jisung? I was sure that there is someone else in this house living with the two Jeon.

The door opened, revealing the maid, unfortunately. I was hoping to see Jungkook, actually. It was weird for me to think of a boy, a man, I mean.

"Come in, come in, he's above pissed."

And that wasn't my fault.