𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭 𝐤𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧

chapter 4, keep quiet kook queen.

Reese had made her way back to the Carmichael Residence taking a long cold shower to melt away the heat.

Meanwhile at the motel.

"Why are all these mattresses out?" John asked the blonde to his right.

"After a hurricane, they ditch 'em 'cause they're moldy." the boy responded. Once they were out of hearing range JJ took the opportunity to make fun of the brunette. "Just be so careful, John." he said grabbing his shoulders.

"God, you're so weird." John interjected.

"What was that about?" JJ asked.

"I don't know. Maybe she wants us to be careful." John said annoyed.

"Since she heard you're being threatened with exile, she's just been, like, 'Oh! Be so careful, John B.'" JJ said mocking Kie practically jumping on the boys back.

"Get off." John said shaking off the boy.

"'Oh, give me that John D already.' When are you gonna swoop on that, man?" JJ continuing to mess with the boy.

"Bro, you know the rule. No Pogue-on-Pogue macking" John B deflected. 'Stupid rule' JJ thought. "Besides you're the one always hitting on her." he said placing a hand on JJ's chest.

"Of course I'm hitting on her. She's a super-hot, rich, hippie chick slumming with us." he responded stepping so he was facing the brunette. "Why? I can't figure it out either, but who cares, bro? I know that door's locked because I've tried it. Have you?" JJ said thinking about his many failed attempts with the Carrea girl.

"You need help. Not a little help, you need a lot of help. It's like every girl who just has a heartbeat, you're like... 'Uhh!'" John said mimicking JJ. "I mean did you not stare at the fucking Kook Queen the whole time she was there?"

"No, that's not fucking important I-" JJ said stumbling over his words. And as they continued exploring the motel and causing trouble JJ's thoughts drifted to Reese. 'Why did he occupy her mind so much?' he asked himself.

Meanwhile with Reese.

Reese heard commotion coming from the tents that were set up. She was with Topper and Sarah as they heard a woman crying.

"Scooter?"  Lana Grubbs asked looking at the body of her husband. "Scooter? Oh, God" she sobbed over the body.

"Who's that?" the girl heard John B say as she walked toward the friends leaving Topper and Sarah.

"It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm." the local girl said pulling out her phone "Check out this pic I got. Dead body." She said trailing the 'y'.

"Holy shit." John said as he stared at the body. Reese's eyes peeled away from the body as she locked eyes with Kiara, both girls rolling their eyes.

"What kind of boat did he have?" JJ asked clearly thinking what all the Pogues and the Carmichael girl were thinking.

"Somehow, that dirtbag copped a brand-new Grady-White." she said as all the Pogues sent each other concerned looks. JJ's eyes locked with Reese's as he placed a finger to his lips indicating her to be quiet. "Everyone's out looking for it." she said as the Pogues quickly dispersed from the scene.

Reese walked over to Topper and Sarah as a soft tear fell from Sarah's face Topper pulled her into him. Sarah walked away from him as she wrapped her arms around Reese. Reese wasn't a very affectionate person, truly the only person she let touch her was Rafe and that was from a life long friendship built on a background of trust.

"Let's head out." Top said walking with Sarah as Reese trailed behind. Her mind drifted to Scotter Grubbs and the uncomfortable queasy feeling of being in the presence of a dead mans boat just a few hours ago.

Once the friends arrived at the Thornton residence Reese sat on the dock watching the water hit the land.

"Yo, I have been informed of a Pogue party at the Boneyard." Topper said yelling towards the girl on the dock.

"When we leaving?" she responded back.

"Right now." he said as she laughed sitting up.

"Come on babe!" Sarah said as they got in the car.

"First keggar of the summer!" Reese said laughing with the two.

"Someone needs alcohol." Topper said.

"Always." the girl said watching the sceneary change.

_______________


EDITED!
hehe vv happy
w/ this book

(734)