Chapter 1

Nico's POV

After the war with Gaea, everyone settled down a little bit and started to live their life. Annabeth and Percy are married and living happily in New Rome. Frank and Hazel are still leading New Rome. Jason and Piper moved to New Rome so Jason could fulfill his promise to Kymopolia. Leo and Calypso are here at camp half-blood. Will and I have been dating for around Seven years, and recently engaged. We're both senior counselors, and stay in cabin thirteen. When we get married, we're planning to build a house just outside the camp.

Right now I'm sitting in my cabin reading with Will, when suddenly Leo burst through the door.

''Hey death breath, Chiron wants to see you in the Big House.'' he said, and ran out the door. I felt my stomach drop, what could he want. I got up, waved goodbye to Will and left. As I walked to the Big House, a couple of campers waved to me. When I walked into the Big House, I saw Chiron in wheelchair form talking to my father?!

''Lord Hades? What are you doing here?'' I was shocked, Hades never visits the camp.

''Ah, Nico good to see you. I called you here because your father wants to talk to you.'' Chiron smiled. Why would my father want to talk to me and now when it's peaceful too.

''I came here to ask you to go on a quest for me.'' he said. Before he could say anymore, someone appeared behind him.

''Actually, it's a quest for me,'' the person said. She was a woman with black hair, wearing a red cloak.

''Lady Hecate, good to see you.'' Chiron looked at her and bowed his head.

''Nico, your quest is to go to a school in England, a school for wizards.''

''Wizards?''

''Yes wizards. Now if I may, their world is in the middle of a war. I want you to go there and help them as much as you can. You will be teaching them self defense, with or without weapons. I will grant you the gift of magic, and their spells and potions will have no effect on you.'' Hecate said all of this rather quickly. Then she pulled a long stick out of her cloak.

''Why are you giving me a stick?'' I asked. She laughed mirthlessly.

''This is no stick.'' she said, ''it is a wand, it's what the wizards use to channel their magic. Yours is made of Poplar wood, with a core of shadow. Very good for the dark arts.''

''Do I have to go alone?''

''You may have one companion, whoever you wish that to be. I cannot decide for you.'' With that she disappeared. I turn to my father.

''So, why did you come?''

''I came to give you some gifts to aid you. Chiron if you will, I would like to speak to my son alone.'' Chiron nodded and rolled out of the room. He looked back at me.

''You have done so much to help me and the other gods. After talking to the others, we wish to grant you and Will immortality. If you accept, you will be the Ghost King and heir to the throne of the Underworld. Will would be the god of healing and light.'' He looked expectantly at me. I was in shock, immortality. Never dying, never ageing, never fading.

''I'm sorry, I'm going to have to talk to Will about this.'' I stood up, and started stumbling toward the door.

Will was waiting at the pavilion. When he saw me coming, he stood up and started to walk toward me.

''So, what was that about?'' He asked. I felt a little dizzy, like the reality of what just happened finally hit me.

''Quest. From Hecate.'' I told him what happened, until I got to the part where we were offered immortality.

''My father offered us immortality if we accept this quest.'' I looked at him, ''what do you think. I told my father I would talk to you about it.''

''Well,'' he grabbed my hand,''if you're willing to do this, so am I.'' I am so happy he agreed, I feel like this quest might be a good break from everything.

Hand in hand, we walked back to the big house. Hades is still alone in the living room. He looks over at us as we walk in.

''Have you made your decision?'' We both nod. ''Good, Nico you first.'' He reached out, placing two fingers on my forehead. Blossoming from his fingertips, an intense pain spread through my entire body. My knees felt weak, the room was spinning. As I fell forward, I felt a tearing pain from my shoulder blades. Hades said something, but my ears were ringing too much to hear. Finally, the dizziness subsided enough so I could stand. Will was staring at me, more importantly something directly behind me. I looked behind me, and saw large, black wings protruding from my shoulder blades. Will walked up to Hades next, he did the same thing to him that he did to me. He began to glow, beautiful white wings grew from his back. A glowing halo appeared above his head.

''Ichor now flows through your veins. If you wish, you can make your wings disappear. They will turn into tattoos on your back. You will leave for your quest tomorrow, good day.'' With that he faded until he was nothing but a shadow. Will looked over at me.

''We should go pack for tomorrow.'' I nod and grab his hand. We walk back to our cabin. After packing our trunks, we went to sleep. For the first time in years, I had peaceful sleep.

In the morning, Hecate visited us again to transport us to the wizarding world. She told us we would be apparating. Apparently, that's how wizards travel. She grabbed our wrists and told us to hold on. It felt like we were being sucked through a tube. I couldn't breathe, it was nothing like shadow travel. The pressure around me faded, and I saw that we were in a train station.

''Something I forgot to tell you yesterday, this year there are going to be two other schools visiting for a tournament called the Triwizard Tournament. So just be careful, anyway I brought you here early so you could have a compartment together.'' Will and I look at the scarlet train, it is pretty big so I don't understand why we needed to come early.

''Uh, how long is the train ride?'' I ask her. She smiles.

''Only about nine hours.''

''Nine hours?!'' This is going to be a long ride. Will grabbed my arm and pulled me onto the train. He opened one of the compartment doors and we went inside. He sat down next to the window and I sat next to him. The book he pulled out was in agreek Ancient Greek, but I didn't even try to read it. I just put my head on his shoulder and started to drift off to sleep

A/N
I've been wanting to write this for a long time, so here it is hope you enjoy it!