No Good • JJ(2)

Prompt: "Right person, wrong time" - Y/n

Y/n's P.O.V

I miss him.

I miss him more everyday that passes by.

I wonder if he still thinks about me the way I think about him. It has been 3 years since we broke up. Last time I saw him was maybe a week after we broke up at the beach but we didn't do anything other than wave.

I couldn't seem to find another boy who even came close to JJ. I'll admit I was happier and had more time to do things that I wanted to do.

But. JJ always had my heart. On the day we broke up I don't think he ever gave it back.

I moved out of the Outer Banks to go to college around two years ago.

It was now the summer and I was so excited to be back. I missed my family and my friends.

"Hey sweetie!" I was greeted with a big hug from my parents. "I missed you guys" I said. "We missed you too!" They said excitedly as they basically dragged me in.

I started to walk to my old room unpacking all my clothing. I looked around sliding my hands against the light pink walls.

I stopped at a big wooden collage. It had picture of the pogues, my family, and JJ. I sighed as I took it off and turned it around.

I was grown up now I didn't need those right.

"Hey loser" I heard Kiara say as she walked in and jumped on my bed. "Heyyy" I said smiling as I hugged her.

"How long are you going to be back for?" she asked. "Probably just for the summer" I told her as she just nodded.

"How's everyone?" I asked. "Well Pope just got back for summer too you know him and his forensic science shit" she said giggling.

"John B just stayed, never left" she said. "That's great" I said giving her a smile.

We walked down stairs. "Hey Kiara, you are welcome to join us for dinner! Y/n could you be a dear and go pick us up some meat and rice from the store?" My mom said.

"Of course! Kie wanna come with?" I asked she nodded as we both walked out.

"Any new man in your life?" she asked suddenly. "Kie you already know" I said turning to her.

"Y/n it's been three years" "I know It's just all the guys are assholes" I said as we arrived at the store.

"I'll stay in the car" she told me. I made my way into the store looking for what I needed.

One of the things my mom asked for was rice and I saw it at the top shelf. Me not being tall enough I struggled to try to reach it.

"Hey you need some help?" I heard a deep voice say from behind me. I nodded without turning to the person.

He got the rice down and passed it to me. Once I turned I saw him.

"Thanks" I said taking it from him. I couldn't seem to make my feet move as we both just stared into each others eyes.

"Long time no see" he said flashing me a bright smile.

"Yea" I said shyly feeling the same butterflies I got around him three years ago. "How are you? How's college?" he asked.

"It's great! How's uhm here?" I said not knowing what to say. "It's been good same as always" he said shifting on his feet.

I still felt the spark that we always had and I was sure he felt it too. "You know uhm if you want? you don't have to. Maybe we could catch up over dinner?" he stuttered.

"Uhm yeah definitely" I said giving him a smile which he returned. Before I walked away I heard him say, "It was nice to see you again" "You too JJ" I replied walking away with the biggest smile on my face.

I guess it's true what they say. Right person, wrong time. Maybe this time we could change that.

This was a bit rushed sorry lol. Hope you guys enjoyed! Love y'all!🤍🤍🤍