Chapter 7

Warnings: Mention of abuse.
————————————————————————
Recap:

"The Press family contacted your dad and I," she says and my body goes rigid.

"What do they want," I ask her.

"They want to meet you. They told me that they want to explain what happened," she says.

I chuckle sarcastically, "I don't want to talk to them."

"Why not?"

"Because they left me, mum. They left me in an orphanage where I saw death and fights. I wasn't treated right and you know this."

"I think you should just listen to them. Just give them a chance to explain," my mum says.

"I'll think about it," I say.

"Thank you, honey. I need to go now. I love you."

"I love you too, mum," I say then hang up.

I take a deep breath and lean back on the couch. What am I going to do?
———
Present

Andrea's POV:

It is the day after the final Victory Tour game. I packed a bunch of my things and I am at the airport about to catch a flight to Utah. Right now I am listening to music by the gate when I get a call. I look at my phone and I see that Christen is calling me. I take a deep breath and answer it.

"What do you want?" I say when I answer.

Christen sighs, "I want to talk to you."

"Well I don't want to talk to you," I tell her.

"Please, Andrea. I want to explain what happened," Christen says.

"Not right now, Christen, please. I can't deal with this right now."

"Ok, I understand. I just want to say that I am so sorry and that I missed you so much."

"I don't know what you want me to say," I say then my flight gets called, "I have to go Christen."

"Alright, bye Andrea."

I don't say anything and hang up.

I get on the plane and think about the call I just had. I pull out the black bracelet in my bag and sigh sadly as I remember playing with Christen. I clutch the bracelet and look down as tears start to build up in my eyes.

I put the bracelet back in my bag and prepare for take off.
———
I just landed and it is five in the morning here in Utah. I yawn as I step off the plane and head to baggage claim. Once I get my bags I wait outside for Becky to pick me up.

A car pulls up in front of me after five minutes and I see Becky get out. I smile and walk into her open arms. I lay my head on her chest as she holds me. "I missed you," I mumble into her.

"I missed you too," Becky says and rubs my back.

After a few minutes we pull away and Becky helps me put my things in her car. Once that's done we make our way to her house. On the way there Becky interlaces her fingers with mine. She pulls my hand up and place a kiss on it and I smile at her.

When we get to her house she helps me bring my bags inside. "Where am I sleeping," I ask one all my bags are inside.

"You're sleeping with me," Becky says and my eyes widen.

She chuckles and walks over to me, "You and I both slept in the same bed when I was in London, remember."

I nod and Becky smile then pulls me into her arms. I sink into her embrace and snuggle into her. "You tired?" Becky asks.