chapter 39

"Hey bub", Jeno called

"Yeah?", I was out of it.

There were so many things happening at the same time. It's been three days since Haechan confessed. It has also been three days since I last saw Doyoung, who recently contacted me. He messaged me, asking if I could come visit Jungwoo with him.

"You've been out of it ever since Haechan confessed", Jeno said, placing a glass of water in front of me. "Your brother asked you to meet up with them as well. Are you okay?"

"A lot of things happening at the same time, I don't know what to feel", I gulped down the water and plopped down on the couch, laying down on my stomach. "I just want a simple life, not a problematic one."

"Well life hates you, but don't worry, it also hates me", Jeno tried to comfort me.

"How does life hate you when you're tall, rich, handsome and the best person in the world?", I asked him and he bursted into laughter. "You're God's favorite. How does it feel?"

"I'm not God's favorite", he said and sat down on the floor, in front of the couch. He ruffled my hair and looked at me. "I'm your favorite."

"No thanks, Chenle is my favorite", I joked. "Jisung is second!"

"Yeah, I'll totally believe you", Jeno said sarcastically. "Anyways, should I drop you off at the hospital?"

"If you can", I replied. "I'm not sure if you should go inside the hospital room with me though."

"I'll give your brothers a little gift", he said and grabbed my arm. "Now, get off the couch and let's leave."

I was forced up and dragged by Jeno out of the apartment and to the car. Jeno opened the car door for me and I went inside. He closed it and headed to the driver's seat.

"What are you going to give them?", I asked, curious of what he prepared.

"Fruits. They like fruits, right?", Jeno asked, unsure of it. I nodded in response. "Good. I was kind of scared."

"Who wouldn't like fruits?", I asked.

"I have a friend", Jeno replied. "Long story short, he hates fruits."

"Oh", I was speechless.

"Why am I suddenly getting nervous", Jeno said as we were near Jungwoo's room. "It's just going to be quick anyways."

"You're so cute", I chuckled and tightened my grip on his hand. "I'm not sure if Doyoung will like you though."

"Stop making me even more nervous!", Jeno whined. His ears started to turn red.

"Are you that nervous?", I asked, laughing at how nervous he was.

"It was already scary with Jungwoo. Imagine the two of them joining forces", Jeno was on the edge of tears. "I'd rather have a day full of meetings than this. It's scary."