chapter 45

It was graduation day

It was graduation day. The day wherein I finally escape from earth's living hell as a building. Doyoung helped with my makeup, since he was surprisingly good at doing it.

"Where did you even learn how to apply makeup?", I asked as he finished up putting on my makeup, setting it with setting spray before replying.

"I told you that I did a couple of part-time jobs, one of them was working at the cosmetics area of the department store", Doyoung replied nonchalantly as if he was a professional. "Now, Taeyong will drop you off. I have something to deal with at the entertainment. I won't be late, I promise."

"Promise?", I questioned, extending my pinky.

"I promise, Byeol", Doyoung lightly smiled. He left the room and Taeyong entered a couple of minutes after, the car keys in his hand.

"Hey there!", Taeyong smiled widely. "Miss me?"

"You weren't here for one day and you get all cocky", I sighed, standing up and patting Taeyong's shoulder. "Let's go before I get late."

"Taeyongs first", he said, leaving the room right away, leaving me behind.

"I swear to god."

third person pov

"Kim Hyerin, graduate of school year 2020, with honors!", the host introduced as Hyerin went her way up on stage, Doyoung with her to award her medal.

Doyoung smiled at Hyerin, carefully helping her wear the medal. The two of them posed in front, getting their picture together. To Hyerin's surprise, she spotted Jungwoo beside Jeno and Taeyong. Her smile widened as if they could reach the sky.

"Next up..."

"You didn't tell me Jungwoo would be here", Hyerin whispered to her brother as they walked down the stage.

"He has fully recovered", Doyoung said the good news that he had been hiding. "He wanted to surprise you. He's like a proud mom. Well, the both of us actually.

"You should go back there, I'll go back to my seat with the other graduates", she said, making her way back to her original seat.

Almost twenty minutes had passed and it was finally nearing the end, with the valedictorian's speech left.

"Now, I'll be calling on this school year's valedictorian to dictate their speech to everyone", the principal announced. "Zhong Chenle, our valedictorian, please take the stage."

Chenle proudly went up stage, standing behind the pedestal and cleared his voice.

"It's been a long ride with my classmates and among all of them, I'd like to thank the two of them for always being by my side. That's Park Jisung and Kim Hyerin", Chenle said with a big smile. "I wouldn't have survived school without them. I'm thankful for the two of you."