CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN. A BRIEF TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE

"FINALLY, A MUNDANE WITH SENSE."

⟡⟡⟡⟡

⟡⟡⟡⟡

DO NOT COMMENT FOR ME TO UPDATE!

Simon had ignored all of Wren's calls and texts. She had tried to apologize for hurting his feelings, which wasn't her intention at all, but he clearly didn't want to hear any of it. To make matters worse, she also hadn't heard from Clary, who also hadn't been returning her calls.

The blonde made her way into Java Jones, looking up at the menu sign for something to eat and drink. She decided on a caramel frappe and a cheese danish and waited in line to order. Once it was her turn, she ordered and paid before walking off to the side to wait. Her mind drifted back to Clary and Simon and she pulled out her phone again, preparing to call the both of them.

When her eyes drifted to the large windows, she stopped as she spotted Clary and Alec walking past. Wren furrowed her eyebrows in confusion before heading to the door and pushing it open. "Ma'am, your order!"

Wren ran to catch up to them, calling out the redhead's name as she did. Clary's head whipped around and she spotted the blonde rushing towards them. "Wren," she breathed, meeting her half way, pulling her into a hug once she was close enough. "What are you guys doing?" The blonde asked, pulling away. "None of your business," Alec replied as he came to stand beside Clary. He looked to the redhead, "Let's go."

"We're going to my apartment. Do you remember that box I told you about? The one that belonged to my dad that my mom would sometimes cry over when she thought I was asleep?" Clary said, ignoring Alec completely. Wren nodded her head and the redhead continued. "Well, I think it might help lead us to Valentine. So, we're heading to my apartment to get it," she finalized.

"Isn't that a little dangerous?" Wren inquired, looking from Clary to Alec and then back to Clary. The redhead sighed, "We need to find and stop Valentine. And I need to find my mom. I'll do whatever it takes." Wren looked at her friend for a long moment. Her brain was telling her to go with the girl before logic kicked in. This isn't your fight.

The blonde nodded her head. "Good luck," she stated. "You're not coming with?" Alec questioned in surprise. He was sure the blonde would immediately demand to join them. "I'm not like you guys. I can't fight and I don't know how to kill demons or whatever. It's dangerous. Besides, I'll just get in the way," Wren responded.

"Finally, a mundane with sense," Alec commented before turning to Clary. "Now let's go." Clary hesitated, her eyes still on the blonde. Wren could tell by the look in her friend's eyes that she wanted her to go. Whether it was to retain some sense of normalcy or to feel more comfortable, Wren wasn't sure.