⇢ CHAPTER 10

season 4 episode 16 & 17

Walking into a supply closet for some peace and quiet, Holly was surprised when she heard a voice call out, "George?"

Holly frowned her eyebrows, walking towards the voice that sounded like Lexie's, "Lex-- Oh, my God," She stared at Lexie, who had files all around her, "Klepto."

"Please," Lexie pleaded again, "don't report me."

Holly squinted at the girl, "Of course, I'm not." She kneeled down and grabbed a file, "What did you do?"

"I may or may not have stolen files from the Chief about the residents." Holly gasped, "Don't judge!"

"I'm not!" Holly defended, "I'm just shocked-- wow." She looked back at the file, "Cristina's dyslexic?"

"Yes! And--" Lexie stopped herself as the supply closet door opened and the two girls grew silent, "Who's there?"

"George O'Malley." George whispered, "I was paged to the supply closet."

"Are you alone?" Holly asked.

"Holly?" George frowned his eyebrows as he walked to where the girls sat.

"Um," Lexie started, "remember how I said I wasn't a thief?" George's jaw slackened as he saw the files in front of the girls, "I think maybe I am."

"Alexandra Caroline Grey!" He reprimanded in a whisper, looking at Holly next, "Holly Kepner!"

"I didn't do anything!" Holly defended, whispering, too.

"I couldn't help it." Lexie admitted as George sat down, "I had to know. And then once I knew, I knew."

"Get these back to the Chief's office right now." George instructed as he began to pick up the files on the floor and Holly read another one.

"I tried to stop reading, but I couldn't." Lexie sighed, "I have a photographic memory, which is how I got through Harvard Med. I read all the files. Information is burned into my brain. I read yours."

"No," George stopped her, "I don't want to know."

"You failed the intern exam by--"

"One point?!" Holly yelled as she read the file.

Lexie nodded, "One point."

George forcefully pried his file out of Holly's hands as Holly scoffed, "One point!"

Holly leaned against the file cabinet as she passed George the files one by one for him to put back, muttering, "One point."

"I don't think this looks right." George spoke as he placed the last file inside.

"Cristina is dyslexic," Lexie started, "but she got straight A's all during med school and she has a PhD. It's pretty amazing. Eight letters of recommendation in her file."