66 •

K "Now you are coming with me. I don't care about your opinion. Nahi kisi aur ki." He said looking at them.

N "Kartik!" She jerked off his hand and ran to her room crying.

K "Naira, I am sorry but.."

K "Naira.." He called her many times but she didn't stop. Did he do right thing?

"Kartik beta, yeh tumne kya kardiya?" His nani snapped at him.

K "Nani, aap hi bataye main aur kya karta. Main Naira ko samjha nahi sakta. uparse Naksh!" Naksh looked at him furiously.

Naksh "Mumma, dekha apne Kartik ne kya kiya. He didn't even think about her health. Agar usse kuch hogya toh."

Naitik "Kartik, Sach sach batao tumdono ki shaadi hogayi hai?"

"Aap sabko mujhpar toh barosa hai nah. Maine kudh karwaye hai unki shaadi." Then she explained them everything.

They all felt for Kartik except Naksh. Sahil's parents left after the insult. While Sahil could not stand there anymore.

Naksh "Yeh shaadi ka koi matlab nahi hai. Hum nahi mante iss shaadi ko. Yeh tumhari koi jhooti kahani hogi."

K "I don't care what you think about me or this marriage. Because I can't make you understand. Don't come between me and Naira." He glared at Naksh and went to meet Naira.

Naksh remained silent for a while as his family was supporting Kartik over him.

Luckily the door of her room was open. Locking the door slightly, he walked inside to find her in the balcony. She was standing there all quiet.

K "Naira?" Keeping his hand on her shoulder he called her slowly.

N "Kartik, leave me alone for sometime. Please?" She requested in a calm voice.

He smiled softly at her and took her in his embrace not giving a second thought. He knew she needed that hug. They needed each other the most at that moment.

K "We are going to US tomorrow. Take your time. I will wait for your answer." He left not before kissing her forehead lovingly.

Naira didn't say anything but kept staring at his retiring back. Her reflection in the mirror made her realise she was blushing. She touched her forehead where he kissed a while ago. Then went to sleep for sometime after the hectic day. She didn't want to think further.

___

As soon as Kartik entered his home, his family started to question him. Seeing their faces, he knew they got to know the matter.

Suwarna "Kartik, is this the truth?"

K "Maa, this is the only truth. Humari shaadi ho chuki hai. And I don't want to explain anything right now."

"Kittu, Yeh sab kya hai? Shaadi aise nahi hoti. Aur vaise bhi humne tumare liye rishta dhund liya hai." His Dadi said which angered him more.

Manish "Kartik, Maa sahi keh rahi hai. Hum tumhe batana chahte the. But Naira ko lekar tum sabkuch bhool gaye the."

K "Mr.Goenka, kisine apse nahi pucha. You have no right to interfere in my life.
Mujhe toh apse yehi expectations thi. But Dadi aap bhi!" He felt disgusted.

"Kittu, samajhne ki koshish karo. Naira ke liye tumne kitna saha. Usne tumhe kitna dukh diya. Woh tumare liye sahi nahi hai."

K "Enough please. I understand aaplog kya kehna chahte hai. Please stop interfering in my life." At last he said rudely and others went silent.