chapter 10- A Woman Who Wanted To Conquer Fear

Ashleigh’s POV

My eyes slowly opened to reveal the light room which surrounded me; I slowly raised myself up from the soft sheets of the bed and looked around me. I saw a more furnished but similar setting of the room which The Scarecrow used to occupy at the hideout, I studied the furnishings of the room which surrounded me, and the dark wood which made each piece seemed to shine with dark intensity much like the Scarecrow’s eyes. I sighed and looked down at my black tattered dressed which clung tightly to my body. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and padded lightly across the wooden floor, so far silence had rung throughout the house. I slowly opened the door to be threatened by the all too familiar smell of fear toxin, I gasped at the smell realising my mistake. I gripped the stair railing tight and exhaled slowly, the fear of breathing was taking over me I didn’t want to feel the fears I had forgotten. Soon the reality surrounding me began to blur and shatter, soon blood ran down the stairs which I wished to step, I closed my eyes tight as each step was welcomed by the overwhelming feeling of warm blood running over my feet, I bit my lips hard as I walked fast down the stairs. As I reached the bottom step blindly, I opened my eyes to be welcomed by the Scarecrow, dressed in black slacks and a white shirt spattered with blood, and covering his face was what would make people crippled with fear, a dark blood stained burlap mask.

I gasped harshly and began retreating, as the Scarecrow approached me, with the stitched grin slowly becoming more menacing as he stepped closer to me, I faltered a step and collapsed on to the blood ridden steps, I closed my eyes tightly as the scarecrow came closer to me. Suddenly my eyes shot open as a sharp pain entered and exited my arm. I looked down at my body to see I was clean of any blood; I looked forward to see a kneeling Scarecrow in front of me, who was slowly taking off his blood stained mask to reveal a saddened expression. He stood up and turned away from me, “I’m sorry about that, I’ve never really noticed a leak from my lab.” I nodded as the Scarecrow turned around to face me, “it’s not like I haven’t been affected by your fear toxin before.” He smiled slightly, as his eyes shone in the dark stair way, “would you like to see the lab?” I stood up slowly and looked over his shoulder to see a darkroom filled with a red light. I looked at me questionably, and he chuckled slightly, and held up a syringe, “you’ve been vaccinated now.” He chuckled again and grasped my hand and led me from the once bloody imagined stairs, into the dark Lab where the fear toxin had been created.

Scarecrow’s POV

I looked over my shoulder to a smiling Ashleigh. I hadn’t expected her to wake so early due to her ordeal, but I knew she wouldn’t be to deeply affected. We stepped into the red light lit room, it was dark and the venomous and intoxicating smell of my potent fear toxic surrounded the room, with almost some sort of magnetism. As the room wrapped in the silence of our unneeded words I smiled graciously and turned to Ashleigh who ventured into the room, who also smiled as I looked into her beautifully dark eyes, to see a more natural intoxicating interest into the darkness of my work. I ventured towards her and grasped her wrists and twisting them palms up, I smirked wickedly earning an equally wicked grin from the dark beauty in front of me, “what would you like to show me?” she asked with her smirk evident in her voice, I could feel my persona darken at the prospect of teaching Ashleigh my dark art and making her become my darkness, my fear, my mistress of fear. My mischievous grin grew larger, “how do you feel about me teaching you about my fear toxin?” her dark blue eyes looked up at me with hidden intensity, she bit her lip hard making blood trail from the wound and onto her collar bone, and into the V where is began to pool, slowly she released her lips from her teeth’s wounding grip and grinned disarming me from any power I could have had over her, beautiful and mysterious mentality. “Where should we begin?” I grinned down at Ashleigh who looked up at me which her enigmatic and entrancing eyes, to see a woman who wanted to conquer fear as much as control it.