1. Approval

Dario De Luca

"What are you suggesting? Be clear." I shouted at my cousin who's also my underboss, Matteo Ricci.

"A merger with a marriage." I banged my hand on my table as I stood up from my chair. Paul and Bob, my two other men who were previously sitting on the table stood up as I did. I'm their Don and they're not allowed to be seated if I was standing. I looked at Matteo who was sitting on his chair calmly and rubbed his forehead, letting out a sigh. He was my underboss and my cousin so he had the power to be seated in front of me. He had a small smile on his lips. He was enjoying this. That fucker.

"Leave." He ordered and the two men silently walked out of my office. I walked to the mini bar inside my office. I took out two glasses and poured some single malt whiskey in them. I walked towards my chair and sat on it, handing one of the glass to Matteo.

Matteo handed me his iPad which had a profile of a girl open on it. It contained every single detail about the girl along with some photos of her. She was a breathtaking beauty, that's for sure. She had light brown hair and blue-green eyes. She had an innocent looking face with a button nose and pink plum lips. She was 5'2 with a slim body. She's 21 currently and her hobbies include cooking and playing different musical instruments. I scrolled down and read her name, Arianna Rossi.

"She's the daughter of Leonardo Rossi. That old hag will never wed his innocent daughter to a monster like me." I said as I handed him his iPad back. I sipped my whiskey in the hope that it'll wash away her face from the back of my head but it didn't.

"He has two daughters both of which are not trained to takeover his throne. That illiterate man thinks they're woman and therefore can't lead. Anyways, you'll be surprised to known that he was the one to offer this alliance. He personally called me two days back and offered his throne to you through this merger. Think about it Dario. You'll become the Don of whole of the Italy. We can finally wage the long awaited war on the Russians." Matteo said and then sipped his whiskey.

"Matteo, I don't need the help of Lorenzo to take down my enemies. If I want I can declare a war on Russians in a snap of my finger. I'm just waiting for the right time." I said as I kept my now empty glass on the table.

"I know Dario, but this merger will prove to be profitable since not only his underworld business but also his legal ones will be yours." Matteo said and before I could reply, a knock was heard on the door and it opened to reveal Nina Ricci, Matteo's wife and my sister-in-law.

I, Matteo and Nina are the only three people who have their fingerprints memorised in my machine. Only us three can walk in here anytime we want. Nina and Matteo know each other for 8 years and they recently celebrated 3 years of their marriage. She's been nothing but loyal and thrust-worthy during these years. It did take me sometime to get comfortable with her being around but it all worked out very well.

"Hey boys." She said walking in and took a seat on my right, opposite to her husband. She took the iPad from Matteo's hand and saw Arianna's profile on it.

"Okay, so she's the one you were talking about." She said as she looked at Matteo. Of course she knows. This pussy ass man can never hide anything from his wife. So damn whipped. I shook my head sideways and poured another round of whiskey in mine and Matteo's glass and handed a new one to Nina.

"Dario, I think it's high time you should get married. I mean, you're 27, the throne will eventually need a heir and to be honest I'm really tired of reading about your scandalous hookups in the newspaper." Nina said sipping her whiskey.

"Talking about newspapers, our clients from the legal business were complaining about your casanova ways too. I think Leonardo's offer came right on time. Come on, Dario. You know it's for the best." Matteo said as he kept his hand on my shoulder for a brief second before retreating it.

"Okay fine. Just stop talking to me as if I'm 6 years-old." I said and sighed.

"Call Leonardo and inform him about my approval. I want the wedding to be held within two weeks and don't make it too grand. 60 to 70 people will be more than enough. Only important business clients from the legal business will be the attendees. Not even a single soul from the illegal business will be present there." Nina and Matteo nodded their head and stood up from their seats. Nina reminded us about dinner and walked out.

I stood up and Matteo walked up to me. He kept a hand on my shoulder and I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "What?" I questioned.

"Just promise me you'll treat her nicely." Matteo requested.

"She's going to be my wife, your Donna. Of course she'll be well respected by everyone and will be treated like a Queen. My army will bow down to her as they do to me." I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Not the army Dario, I want you to respect her and this marriage. Can you please do that for me?" Matteo asked in all sincerity. I drew in a breath and nodded. I know what he means. No more sleeping around. No more causal hookups. In short, a full stop to my bachelor life.

"You have my word."